Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Says It Would Take $150m-200m To Face David Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elmaravilla View Post

I don't know what's worse. The inaccuracy of this post or the fact that 3 people liked this post and didn't correct you. May/Pac generated around $600M, well above the $100M you claim. Pac took home over $150M and May took in over $200M. And that was before the current inflation we are seeing that makes everything twice as expensive.
    I stand corrected on the amount that May vs Pac generated, and I thank you for educating me on that, brother. Although the actual take home for Pacquiao was $125 million and $240 million was the take home for Mayweather. That aside, I stand by the rest of my post, and it may have gotten a few likes because it's true. Canelo vs Benavidez is no Mayweather vs Pacquiao in terms of interest, even though I believe it would be a much more exciting fight than that rip-off fight was. However, I'd be surprised if the Saudis ponied up the kind of money that Canelo is demanding, and if they did, I'd be even more surprised if Alvarez made the fight vs Benavidez for that amount plus all the tea in China.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ion-in-revenue

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

I stand corrected on the amount that May vs Pac generated, and I thank you for educating me on that, brother. Although the actual take home for Pacquiao was $125 million and $240 million was the take home for Mayweather. That aside, I stand by the rest of my post, and it may have gotten a few likes because it's true. Canelo vs Benavidez is no Mayweather vs Pacquiao in terms of interest, even though I believe it would be a much more exciting fight than that rip-off fight was. However, I'd be surprised if the Saudis ponied up the kind of money that Canelo is demanding, and if they did, I'd be even more surprised if Alvarez made the fight vs Benavidez for that amount plus all the tea in China.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ion-in-revenue
      My friend, Saudis don`t care about Canelo -Benavidez. Why should they?

It is not like Usyk -Fury or Bivol - Beterbiev, where one guy has 1 belt, the other has 3, both unbeaten, time to get undisputed.

Canelo has all the belts, Benavidez brings nothing. Oh, he is dangerous contender.

Turki is rich, but not stupid. Canelo - Benavidez is not even worth 40 million dollars.
      Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 03-21-2024, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Run Vato!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogbx View Post
          Keyboard Warriors complain and criticize like women and Canelo counts his money while being loved by his people in his actual day to day. Not trolls that wouldn’t dare say any of their criticisms to his face.

Canelo haters are pathetic and I agree this is a avoiding tactic but Canelo has every right. It’s his life and legacy, not yours.
          I'd fuckin say it to his face. What would he do, punch me? If he did, I'd sue his ass and take some of his money.
          And where'd he get all that money? From people like me who paid to see him fight. He's an entertainer, who gets paid to fight. If he doesn't fight whom we want him to fight and who happens to be his mandatory challenger, we don't have to pay to see him pick someone who is easier for him.
          Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 03-21-2024, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I'd fuckin say it to his face. What would he do, punch me? If he did, I'd sue his ass and take some of his money.
            And where'd he get all that money? From people like me who paid to see him fight. He's an entertainer, who gets paid to fight. If he doesn't fight whom we want him to fight and who happens to be his mandatory challenger, we don't have to pay to see him pick someone who is easier for him.
            He punched Solis and have to pay a lot $$.

Comment

He's loaded, don't see a problem with a settlement. Ain't going to be my money because I haven't watch him fight in years.
              SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

• 67tgpe.jpg?a475152.jpg
                benny is this way saul, just over here

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post

thats not true. fighters are humans just like everyone else. elite fighters understand boxing better than anyone and when they duck its because they know its a fight they can and probably will lose.
                  I've said it before; fighters are probably not afraid of other fighters, because that's what they do, fight. They are however, afraid of a loss, because it will likely set them back in their quest for championship status and thus a chance of making big money. In Canelo's case, I believe he's afraid to further tarnish his legacy with not only another lost fight, but also a lost undisputed championship. Although when it came to fighters facing a prime Mike Tyson, you could almost see the fear in his opponents' eyes when they got into the ring with him. He was truly a fierce fighter!
                  Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

My friend, Saudis don`t care about Canelo -Benavidez. Why should they?

It is not like Usyk -Fury or Bivol - Beterbiev, where one guy has 1 belt, the other has 3, both unbeaten, time to get undisputed.

Canelo has all the belts, Benavidez brings nothing. Oh, he is dangerous contender.

Turki is rich, but not stupid. Canelo - Benavidez is not even worth 40 million dollars.
                    I think Benavidez vs Canelo does better than Canelo vs Mungia. Much better. I'd say that most Mexican, Mexican American, and fans in general, love good competitive fights. Not fights where one guy is heavily favored to win.

Comment

• Casuals have never heard of benavidez, canelo brings the star power, I have no problem with canelos decision, he has earnt the right to choose.

Just for the record canelo would destroy benavidez.

Comment

Working...
                      X