Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez Says It Would Take $150m-200m To Face David Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

True. Benavidez is a nobody. Ridiculous of Canelo to want that kind of money when Benavidez can’t sell out a high school auditorium.
    This is why Nell don't want it. High risk, low reward. If you are going to say he's a nobody. Of course mungia is a nobody too. But slightly less risk
    Last edited by hugh grant; 03-21-2024, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by elmaravilla View Post

And that my friend is why Canelo won't fight Benavidez right now. He has a huge following among hard-core fight fans, but not a huge mainstream following like Canelo. Maybe Benavidez can get there by taking out Gvozdyk and then whoever is the unified Light Heavyweight champ. A unified 168 vs unified 175 clash would draw huge.
      Tell me about Ryders, Charlos and Mungias great main stream followings.

Comment

• I’d have agreed with Canelo a couple years ago when fans and media were coming up with the non-sense that Canelo needs to fight Benavidez. He really brought nothing to the table. But he has since then developed a respectable resume and is now a genuinely good opponent. He basically turned into the best available opponent from 160 to 175.

Comment

• Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
          Canelo is like Trump in a lot of ways-
          1) he's a cheater
          2) he's a sore loser
          3) he's afraid of losing at all costs
          4) he has no shame
          5) he lies all the time
          6) he's terrified of his main rival
          7) he's a fraud
          8) he's a con man, full of smoke and mitrors
          9) he's orange
          10) his excuses are subject to change
          11) he acts tougher than he is
          12) he's really a coward
          13) his supporters can't see thru his bs
          14) he can fool the dummies, but smart ppl know better
          15) Trump grifts his gullible supporters, Canelo milks the game and his gullible fans by fighting one bs PPV fight after another
          Does this mean that Canelo is also going to be king of the world by the end of the year?

Comment

• Canelo wants almost a quarter BILLION dollars to fight benavidez lmao, is this the ultimate price yourself out duck ever???

Comment

And that my friend is why Canelo won't fight Benavidez right now. He has a huge following among hard-core fight fans, but not a huge mainstream following like Canelo. Maybe Benavidez can get there by taking out Gvozdyk and then whoever is the unified Light Heavyweight champ. A unified 168 vs unified 175 clash would draw huge.
              Reluctance to take an a$$ whooping is the reason canelo won’t fight Benavidez because he’s already been offered more money to do so than he’s ever made in his career.

Comment

• i think he just threw a random number out there. he wants it to go to Saudi for the heavyweight money they are throwing around. People need to stop. I'm not Canelo fan but I'm sure his team knows it took David Ramirez Gilberto Benavidez 22 rounds to beat Ronald Garvil who is a boxer puncher like Canelo. It's like saying Crawford is afraid of Porter because it took Porter 2 fights to beat Julio Diaz. They couldn't even get the Crawford Porter fight done over money and fools were posting Crawford was afraid of bull in the china store Porter.
                Last edited by hhh1200; 03-21-2024, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  Reluctance to take an a$$ whooping is the reason canelo won’t fight Benavidez because he’s already been offered more money to do so than he’s ever made in his career.
                  You obviously have never been a fighter in the sport. There isn't a fighter alive who is afraid of another fighter (except for maybe Mayweather's fear of Margarito back before Marg's got exposed).

So you've seen for yourself that Canelo has received an offer to fight Benavidez for over $500M? Because those are Canelo's career earnings. If he's asking for $150M minimum, how could Canelo have been offered more money than he's ever made? Next time do your research before posting false statements.

Comment

You obviously have never been a fighter in the sport. There isn't a fighter alive who is afraid of another fighter (except for maybe Mayweather's fear of Margarito back before Marg's got exposed).
                    Nobody was ever afraid of a prime mike tyson? really? oh except margarito? any other exceptions? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

Tell me about Ryders, Charlos and Mungias great main stream followings.
                      Those 3, although not more talented than Benavidez, have a larger following than Benavidez. Benavidez has a large Mexican American following but we are still a minority. Munguia has a whole country of Mexico. Ryder has a whole country of England. Charlo has large African American following, especially when fighting a Hispanic fighter. Besides, Canelo agreed to PBC deal before PBC signed their deal with Amazon. Canelo is not stupid. He knows the Prime deal creates a ton of revenue that was not included in his original deal. Anyone would do the same and fight lower opposition in that situation till PBC agrees to better terms.

Comment

Working...
                      X