Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sebastian Fundora Comes in to Replace Injured Keith Thurman Against Tim Tszyu on March 30

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post

With that same thinking, how does keith thurman get a title shot vs tim tszyu? He beat mario barrios…..TWO YEARS AGO.
    It wasn't a title shot.
    Southpawology Southpawology likes this.

Comment

Agree this a better fight than keef whom quite frankly should just retire at this point only a few really wanted to watch him fight Tim tbh, maybe Fundora is not that deserving either considering his KO loss but it should be a ****er while it last given his style.

Mono Ramos would've been an even better option imo

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post
        Agree this a better fight than keef whom quite frankly should just retire at this point only a few really wanted to watch him fight Tim tbh, maybe Fundora is not that deserving either considering his KO loss but it should be a ****er while it last given his style.

Mono Ramos would've been an even better option imo
        On 10 days notice how was Ramos an option?

Comment

From the comments, this is a fight most people are at least interested in. From my end, I only cared about the Thurman fight because there was gonna be a highlight reel type KO of him. Now this at least kinda feels like a fight... you know where even if one guy is heavily favored and should be, at least the other guy has been active and has a punchers chance. Sure is not a PPV, but as Amazon is just dipping their toes into the pool and have no idea how to make Boxing work, I will let it slide. Maybe even buy it to get them to support the sport going forward. I had zero chance of dropping money to watch the original event.
          JJ75JJ JJ75JJ likes this.

Comment

Good for Tim. This has more appeal. Tower is a real jr middle on the road. Tzsyu couldn't take out Mendoza at home, this might turn into a war of attrition, Tzsyu isn't that hard to find.

Comment

This PPV is 75 bucks?? Wow. OK. That is steep. I mean... really steep.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                Good for Tim. This has more appeal. Tower is a real jr middle on the road. Tzsyu couldn't take out Mendoza at home, this might turn into a war of attrition, Tzsyu isn't that hard to find.
                I don't see more appeal Fundora was stopped in his last fight dropped by Lubin and is not much anyway little power, you gotta have some power for Tim, I don't think much of Fundora at all and cant see him offering much resistance Tim will fold him like a hinge.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post

With that same thinking, how does keith thurman get a title shot vs tim tszyu? He beat mario barrios…..TWO YEARS AGO.
                  Thurman/Tszyu wasn't sanctioned by the WBO as a title fight. That's partly why it was gonna be a catch-weight bout.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 03-18-2024, 09:11 PM.
                  Southpawology Southpawology likes this.

Comment

Who else is there for Tszyu? Fundora is the only who got bigger balls in this time of need. Name a fighter that will step up.

Either scrap the fight and let them join the waiting around culture or let this fight happen and stop crying.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                      This PPV is 75 bucks?? Wow. OK. That is steep. I mean... really steep.
                      PPV is going to bomb hard-core on this.
                      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X