Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Christian Mbilli Envisions Two Big Fights in 2024 - and Hopes One Includes Canelo Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Sorry but Milli Vanilli does not deserve a PHEY DHEY! If you want to have a chance at winning the Canelo lottery you have to fight someone with a pulse first. I'm a huge boxing fan and I haven't even heard of this guy until last year. Say what you want but Jermall, Munguia and about ten others deserve that shot before you champ!
    You are right but since Canelo ain’t fighting the top ten deserving fighters , this would be right up his alley if he doesn’t want to retire
    Mbilli would make him look good , like the Canelo of old and whip his fans into a frenzy , again
    As long as he still has some chin cause Mbilli will take two punches to get one off and he does have some sort of accumulated power
    Then all prosper for Canelo
    Id love it if he just retired
    A whole new division

Comment

Go fight Morrell (if the Bek rumors are just that: rumors). It’s one of the best SMW fights I can think of that doesn’t include Canelo or Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
        He should fight Morrell or Shishkin.
        Nobody mentions Morrell Jr nor benavidez, well DMJ wants to fight him but that's another story.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Sorry but Milli Vanilli does not deserve a PHEY DHEY! If you want to have a chance at winning the Canelo lottery you have to fight someone with a pulse first. I'm a huge boxing fan and I haven't even heard of this guy until last year. Say what you want but Jermall, Munguia and about ten others deserve that shot before you champ!
          **** off if you think fighting ginger is about merits. It's about very low risk.
          Jab jab boom Jab jab boom likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Nobody mentions Morrell Jr nor benavidez, well DMJ wants to fight him but that's another story.
            Because Morrell is high risk low reward and it seems like Mbilli kinda wants to fall into a fight with canelo and get a payday but not fight top contenders. Morrell would probably stop Mbilli so they ain't trying to see him and tbh not many people are at 168lbs but i do wish they contenders at 168 would fight eachother not just wait around and hope they get the canelo call
            BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Notice he never mentioned David Morrell. Don't listen to what people say. Listen to what they don't say.
              garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

He listed 4 names, not one of them was Benavidez.

Comment

Not only did he not mention Morrell, who he's certainly turned down before as the #1 ranked contender for Morrell's belt, I notice the guys he mentioned aren't signed with Top Rank. Who exactly does Top Rank have at SMW? He just signed with the company that doesn't have any of the guys he wants to fight, or any of the guys with mandatory shots?

Comment

All of these "contenders" at 168 need to start fighting each other instead of waiting for the golden ticket. The only one that has is Benavidez, although he appears to be passing on Morrell.
                    BlackRobb BlackRobb pnut901 pnut901 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post

Because Morrell is high risk low reward and it seems like Mbilli kinda wants to fall into a fight with canelo and get a payday but not fight top contenders. Morrell would probably stop Mbilli so they ain't trying to see him and tbh not many people are at 168lbs but i do wish they contenders at 168 would fight eachother not just wait around and hope they get the canelo call
                      But Munguia earned the Canelo shot by avoiding the top guys in the division. Canelo fans wanted Benavidez and Andrade to face each other to earn a Canelo shot, but then when they did, it just made Canelo more determined to duck Benavidez. It would be the same for Mbilli, if he stepped up and destroyed Morrell, he would be proving how good he is and therefore Canelo would never face him.

Smart move for Mbilli is to face a C-level opponent and struggle, then Canelo might want to face him.
                      Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X