Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: William Zepeda Hammers Maxi Hughes Into Corner Surrender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'I told ol' Eddie Hearn to stop bringing those Euros over here to fight those scrappy lil Messkins. They gonna fuq you up! And I was right!! haha After Hearn runs out of UK stock maybe they can contract with the Hessians again like the did in the original "American takeover" in 1780. Oops the Hessians and British lost that too. Oh well, try the Ruskies!''

I have a lot of time for Maxie Hughes, he is a thoroughly brave, decent lad who has made the most, & more, of his talent. He was never even considered to be a British title level guy & I don't think he has ever headlined an event in the UK, except maybe Mexborough Town Hall between the bingo & the strippers. For him to finish his career by beating Kid Galahad & then losing to Kambosos & Zepeda is just unbelievable. Well done mate, when you've had a few days to recover you can have a few beers & be proud of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Zepeda is the mando for the Lomachenko-Kambosos winner?

I’d love to see him against Lomachenko.
      That's an interesting angle. I'm still not convinced Loma will be in more fights.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
        'I told ol' Eddie Hearn to stop bringing those Euros over here to fight those scrappy lil Messkins. They gonna fuq you up! And I was right!! haha After Hearn runs out of UK stock maybe they can contract with the Hessians again like the did in the original "American takeover" in 1780. Oops the Hessians and British lost that too. Oh well, try the Ruskies!''

I have a lot of time for Maxie Hughes, he is a thoroughly brave, decent lad who has made the most, & more, of his talent. He was never even considered to be a British title level guy & I don't think he has ever headlined an event in the UK, except maybe Mexborough Town Hall between the bingo & the strippers. For him to finish his career by beating Kid Galahad & then losing to Kambosos & Zepeda is just unbelievable. Well done mate, when you've had a few days to recover you can have a few beers & be proud of this.

Well since youput it that way tell him to have a beer for me too mate. Cheers ol' chap!!!
        1Eriugenus 1Eriugenus likes this.

Comment

This fight was just a place holder for the man, something to keep him active. He needs to find someone willing to say "yes" to him. He needs that, and the division is deep enough someone else needs him to prove they deserve the top names as well. No, I do not think he gets a top 5 yet. But he sure is ready for them.

Comment

I love Maxi and am a fan. He had a heck of a run with quality wins and deserved the win against Kambosos. The Zepeda matchup was all wrong for him and he had very slim chances of pulling off the upset. I took Zepeda by KO in the Pick'Em.

The Golden Boy card was pretty meh. Alot of one sided matchups. I miss the days of the old ESPN cards where they had random cards by random promoters across the country and in Canada. ProBox still gives me that but way too many cards are stacked with mismatches.

Comment

What we want is Tank - Shakur. What we're gonna get? I don't know

Comment

'I can see Gervonta Davis or Shakur Stevenson being the last man standing – that is a great fight. A little too soon right now but it is definitely in the making to be one of those fights we will call a legendary night because the winner will become an instant legend, and the GOAT!"

I don't agree with Mr Tarver, to me, this is a fight I want to see NOW before those GOATs start getting too old even to be curried.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                  What we want is Tank - Shakur. What we're gonna get? I don't know
                  Only one way we are going to get that fight and that is Shakur has one fight left on his top rank deal. If he resigns with them then we will never get the Tank fight because Tank is tied to the hip with Amazon. If Shakur is brave enough he will leave Bob Arum (and J Prince) and go to PBC and get one of the most lucrative PPV fights out there. If he fights 10 of the top rank light weights he still wont make 1/16th of what he could with a Tank PPV.

Comment

Oscar seldom risks his West Coast cash cows. Shakur would paint Zepeda for 12 rounds.

Comment

Zepeda is a force……he is relentless , tight defence , good balance , great bodywork , big for the weight and a southpaw……deffo willl be avoided

Comment

Working...
                      X