Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Says Tim Tszyu Is 'Something Special'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy always has had diarrhea of the mouth, just like Tim Bradley. Imagine those two together on a broadcast.

Comment

Always RESPECT Roy Jones observation on a fighter or prospective bout analysis. He's usually spot on and his experience as a former champion and a P4P LEGEND Is invaluable. He's right about Tim. He has that special mentality that HUNGRY fighters who walk the walk the are supposed to have. He wants all the smoke and he could obviously care less about having an undefeated record. If only 75 percent of his peers had that mentality then the sport would be all the better for it.

Comment

Roy broke down what needed to happen but does the fighter have the ability to execute? Only one way to find out, It's why they fight the fights...

Last edited by factsarenice; 03-13-2024, 09:56 AM.

Comment

IMO only....Thurman had trouble making 147, I expect Keith to be stronger at 154 but his inactivity and suspect conditioning will cost him against a patient stalker, with accurate power and determination every minute of every round.
          Topdogggbm Topdogggbm likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

Unranked guy with 1 fight at 154 proves he's special?
            Is actually Zero fights at 154, he fought over the limit. Though Vergil is 20 wins 20 Knocks outs. You will see in the future who will be on top. Vergil has proven he is worthy of a title shot. If Errol and Crawford didn't give him the opportunity it's not his fault. Same as Ennis. Even Stanionis is struggling to get a title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaydrien Boner View Post

, yea tszyu beats the dog**** out of Thurman
              I thought this fight was a complete mismatch myself, but then I rewatched Thurman's last fight against Barrios and was reminded of what the old Thurman was about. Thurman has a special kind of trickiness to his style. He stays in the pocket, leads with both hands, but has tremendous reflexes and head/waist movement which allowed him to slip and counter effectively against Barrios all night. I understand that Barrios is not Tszyu but he has looked solid before and after the Thurman fight. I also understand that that fight was two years ago, but Thurman surprisingly showed no rust at all in that fight which was a full 2.5 years after his previous fight against Pacquiao. I don't know if he'll have enough power to deter Tszyu, but I do think he will have the engine to go hard for 12 rounds if he can stand up to Tszyu's pressure and power. We'll see.
              K.O Azteca Gaydrien Boner likes this.

Comment

Put him in there with Virgil i'm not sold yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  Roy is giving Tim the velvet glove treatment too. He's not asking for much for such high praise.
                  Calling him top 5 or top 10 in his weight division is hardly high praise.

Comment

Roy on crack . “Special Fighter” top 5-10 in his weight division he’s already a belt holder above 5 . I’d hate to see what ranking he gives an average fighter if that’s his “special” rank

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Is actually Zero fights at 154, he fought over the limit. Though Vergil is 20 wins 20 Knocks outs. You will see in the future who will be on top. Vergil has proven he is worthy of a title shot. If Errol and Crawford didn't give him the opportunity it's not his fault. Same as Ennis. Even Stanionis is struggling to get a title shot.
                      Vergil was the mandatory for Crawford and pulled himself from the position to duck the fight. He and his team wanted nothing to do with Crawford.

Stop lying.

Comment

Working...
                      X