Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stanionis Wants Crawford to 'Release the Belts' as He Searches for New Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    Fugh that
    There is no excuse for not fighting in two years
    Fine , he got fughed over by Ortiz ( not really Ortiz’s fault ) but he should of taken any fight just to keep busy
    All the hype is gone and it will be another hard road to get his name back up on the board
    In fairness, Stan has had 4-5 camps during that time. He's had Ortiz pull out of 3 fights, then there was also Spence and another fight lined up as well. He's been ***ed over more than anyone I can think of.

One of those Ortiz fights got cancelled the day before the MF fight.
    DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 11Combos View Post

the problem is Stanionis is White... PBC prefers blacks... it's a racist Promotion company
      It's hard to disagree with this when you look at the three fight deal with Canelo, and how PBC has treated it's Mexican and White fighters. Hell, even their black cubans get the back hand.
      Teetotaler69 Teetotaler69 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

In fairness, Stan has had 4-5 camps during that time. He's had Ortiz pull out of 3 fights, then there was also Spence and another fight lined up as well. He's been ***ed over more than anyone I can think of.

One of those Ortiz fights got cancelled the day before the MF fight.
        I thought it was Ortiz who pulled out twice (rhabdo), and Stani pulled out once (appendicitis). The fight suspensions were health-related, so it's whatever. But the fact that Ortiz has gotten a stay-busy before Stani is cause for concern. At this point, it's starting to feel like Stani is being kept frozen on purpose.
        JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Crawford vs Stanionis

Comment

Stanionis has been shafted by a lot of things out of his control. He should keep active and winning so he doesn't disappear in the landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I thought it was Ortiz who pulled out twice (rhabdo), and Stani pulled out once (appendicitis). The fight suspensions were health-related, so it's whatever. But the fact that Ortiz has gotten a stay-busy before Stani is cause for concern. At this point, it's starting to feel like Stani is being kept frozen on purpose.
              Well, Ortiz is also with a different promoter. Stan is with PBC, and PBC loves having their guys sit on their hands for 18-24 months between fights it seems.
              JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Well, Ortiz is also with a different promoter. Stan is with PBC, and PBC loves having their guys sit on their hands for 18-24 months between fights it seems.
                And if it was Ortiz who was still on ice, the blame would be on Rick Mirigian and DAZN/GBP. I wonder what reasons Stani's team is giving him for all these opportunities falling through, and I wonder if they've been blaming TC for it. Crawford's name is used in the headline, but Stani's inactivity issue is bigger than the belts at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I understand why Stani feels that way, but Crawford isn't keeping him inactive though. We're hearing a similar complaint being made at SMW. The promoters/managers simply don't want to match up their fighters unless titles are on the line...or unless they're getting overpaid. Stani should be looking at Finkle and PBC, not Crawford. He has only 1 fight left with PBC, and it seems like Stani is being held up from finally fulfilling his requirement.
                  True, but Crawford needs to let them belts go, if he's not fighting @ 147!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    True, but Crawford needs to let them belts go, if he's not fighting @ 147!
                    Well supposedly TC had a meeting with the WBO recently, so hopefully things get moving.

Comment

Don't know why this guy can't just leave PBC or widen his search for other fights. Why stay in the same area if you can't get fights? His name has been associated with Ennis ever since I can remember. And both fighters had long periods of availability to fight each other, yet for some mysterious reason that fight can't get made.

Comment

Working...
                      X