Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe rogan ranting after Ngannou blow out -UFC champions would beat boxing champs in a real fight t

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    MMA fans and media need to stfu. There’s no real money in MMA or else boxers would be crossing over more frequently.

The money is in boxing so MMA fighters need to bring their ass over here.

Ngannu’s last MMA fight purse was $600k. His last boxing fight purse was $20 million.

This is prizefighting, where people fight for the most money they can get. Boxing is the financially superior combat sport of the two. So it doesn’t matter which boxer would lose to which MMA fighter in an MMA fight or a street fight. What matters is how much money is involved.

Top MMA fighters come to boxing for career high paydays. Top Boxers fighting in MMA would get wages they haven’t already seen in their boxing careers.

If you're not a top 10-20 level boxer the money is gonna be better in MMA assuming you can make it to a a good level. Its also a much faster track to the top with generally more exposure for fighters due to the UFCs marketing machine.

As for Ngannous MMA pay, the disclosed purses are known to be lower than the reality. A side PPV main eventer guys are getting low to mid seven figures these days. Obviously not Canelo or AJ money but hardly the chicken feed its made out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post

Everybody. And I can assure you that boxing fans are far more insecure about this than MMA guys. That is why this Francis Ngannou saga became as significant as it did.

That's why you see all the big talk in order to hide the insecurity when they realize this is a limited game of set rules where you can only use a small part of your body as a weapon.
      No, it's not insecurity because you have to remember that the UFC also has its rules and its own set of limitations as well. This all blew up because MMA guy Francis made the so-called best Heavyweight in the world, Tyson Fury, look like a complete amateur.

I'll try and pull up an old video from YT, if I can find it, but basically the guy being interviewed explains when the UFC was first created, it was rigged from the start to favor the ground game fighter, the BJJ guys.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post

No, it's not insecurity because you have to remember that the UFC also has its rules and its own set of limitations as well. This all blew up because MMA guy Francis made the so-called best Heavyweight in the world, Tyson Fury, look like a complete amateur.

I'll try and pull up an old video from YT, if I can find it, but basically the guy being interviewed explains when the UFC was first created, it was rigged from the start to favor the ground game fighter, the BJJ guys.
        Let me guess, biting and eye gouging right? I already responded to a post that was clinging on to the same out-dated argument, look it up and read it please.

As far as favoring ground fighting, we are talking about street fighting right? Which means a very hard surface. Which means that any takedown results in very severe brain damage immediately or atleast some broken bones.

If you are interested I can show you clips of random people fighting on hard surfaces and when one of them gets slammed the fight is immediately over and results in severe permanent paralysis or death.Keep in mind, gloves and the soft canvas in combat sports protect the fighters.

Comment

I disagree with Rogan's opinion that it would be more difficult and thus more impressive for a boxer to win in MMA than vice-versa. MMA is more of a shoot-out. Basically, you will always have more of a 'puncher's chance' in MMA than in boxing. There is less consistency amongst results for that reason.

Even Demetrious Johnson has come out and said that it's easier to become world champ in MMA than in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post

Let me guess, biting and eye gouging right? I already responded to a post that was clinging on to the same out-dated argument, look it up and read it please.

As far as favoring ground fighting, we are talking about street fighting right? Which means a very hard surface. Which means that any takedown results in very severe brain damage immediately or atleast some broken bones.

If you are interested I can show you clips of random people fighting on hard surfaces and when one of them gets slammed the fight is immediately over and results in severe permanent paralysis or death.Keep in mind, gloves and the soft canvas in combat sports protect the fighters.
            Here check it out for yourself.

https://youtu.be/I_tMkWoUN18?si=GtTSSOAQZpO8EHy6

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
              It kind of was, but not in the way youre maybe implying. It wasnt rigged to favour grapplers as a general concept, it was rigged to favour specifically Royce Gracie, basically to serve as an advertisement for the Gracie family teaching their BJJ in America. It was rigged in the sense that they had the element of surprise on the majority of their opponents initially who often had little or no exposure to submissions etc.

It was very short lived anyway, Royces UFC run lasted like a year.

Comment

I don't care what Joe Rogan has to say about anything. To me, he's just the guy who supervised people eating animal viscera and genitalia for money.
                dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

It kind of was, but not in the way youre maybe implying. It wasnt rigged to favour grapplers as a general concept, it was rigged to favour specifically Royce Gracie, basically to serve as an advertisement for the Gracie family teaching their BJJ in America. It was rigged in the sense that they had the element of surprise on the majority of their opponents initially who often had little or no exposure to submissions etc.

It was very short lived anyway, Royces UFC run lasted like a year.
                  Yeah of course, it has since evolved with muay thai, wrestling etc.. But the arguments were always that a mma figher would always beat a boxer in a "real fight" when that's simply not the case, there are way too many variables and scenarios to consider, like weight, height, reach, experience, proximity of a fight etc...

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                    I disagree with Rogan's opinion that it would be more difficult and thus more impressive for a boxer to win in MMA than vice-versa. MMA is more of a shoot-out. Basically, you will always have more of a 'puncher's chance' in MMA than in boxing. There is less consistency amongst results for that reason.

Even Demetrious Johnson has come out and said that it's easier to become world champ in MMA than in boxing.
                    Its a mixed bag i'd say.

Boxers will have a punchers chance in MMA at even the highest levels, so they might actually beat a big name every now and then. But the times they lose they will typically lose faster and more easily than MMA guys lose in boxing because once boxing range is taken away they become a fish out of water. The MMA guys probably aint getting Hail Mary KOs 10-20% of the time in boxing (dont forget boxing is also a much more controlled environment in general anyway, less upsets etc) like boxers could in MMA but they will usually give a better account of themselves in losing and take longer to go down.

As for winning a title. Thats a tough one. Boxers take a much slower path to the top having to have tons more fights etc and theres way less tolerance for losses, but on the other hand theres so many belts in boxing and more control over who you're getting matched up with and who you want to avoid. I think its probably harder to keep hold of a UFC belt for a long time for the most part, I mean in practice you see it too with how few long term champs there tend to be compared to boxing. MMA rules are so chaotic and unpredictable as well, all kinds of **** can happen in a split second for you to lose.
                    Last edited by TMLT87; 03-09-2024, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I think in some instances we can point to MMA fighters probably being better than boxers in "real" fights but take the best pros from both sides and it would be extremely difficult for any MMA fighter to even get close enough against a legit puncher.

Btw people acting like MMA fighters are all world class wrestlers probably havent watched MMA for the last 10 years. Yes there is the odd Khabib or Cormier but most MMA fights descend into punch fests with the odd kicks. Give a top level boxer a year to learn a few tricks and theyd start KOing guys in MMA.

Comment

Working...
                      X