Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ishe Smith, 'Stitch' Among 2024 Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame Inductees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

That's not for you to judge. That's for the commission from that state who know the history of that state to decide. It's the NEVADA HOF, not the INTERNATIONAL BOXING HOF. Forget sustained excellence. That man won a world title in a brutal sport where most guys don't even sniff TV time, let alone get to that level after going thru personal struggles that alot of folks don't come back and succeed from is excellence in itself. Literally clarified it in my last comment and still commented like it you ain't read anything at all. Sound like one of these dudes who've never struggled a day in your life. Like I said, count your blessings. Not everybody had it easy like you sound like you do.​
    I have as much right to ''judge'' as you do

Any HO''F'' that includes fringe guys like Ishe is not a HO''F''

When was the last time you mentioned Mr HOFer ?!?!?
    Who was his best W again ?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

None of that should qualify a person to share the same room with guys like May, Hearns, SRL, SRR....Boxers who SUSTAINED excellence and not because they were born in a particular place

If Ishe is a HOFer, everyone is.
      If you really wanna clutch your pearls go look at other state boxing hall of fames. David Bey, 18-11, is in the PA HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

If you really wanna clutch your pearls go look at other state boxing hall of fames. David Bey, 18-11, is in the PA HOF.
        Has that equally worthless HOF been ''shoved'' in our faces ?!?!?

If so, I missed the thread

Comment

Has that equally worthless HOF been ''shoved'' in our faces ?!?!?

If so, I missed the thread
          The way they are pushing out stories with the new owners here I'm expecting more state HOF stories.

Why so much anger for state HOFs lol?

Comment

You right. You have as much right to judge as I do. Problem is OUR opinions don't matter. We don't know what they judge on or what standards they go by. Wins and losses clearly aren't their main judging point, but it is a part of it. Coming back from adversity is clearly also part of theirs. You putting the state HOF on the same level as the IBHOF and that's where you're completely off and missing the point. Can tell you've never faced adversity in your life by the way you comment and clearly only see everything on the way YOU think things should be. If that's case, like I said, you should be blessed bc you clearly don't know how difficult it is to pull yourself out of the depths of personal struggles in life to go on and do something amazing like winning a world title. That should always be commended and respected. Having empathy and understanding can go a long way in life my man. You should learn that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

The way they are pushing out stories with the new owners here I'm expecting more state HOF stories.

Why so much anger for state HOFs lol?
              They cheapen what true legends have done.

Ishe Smith
              David Bey

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

You right. You have as much right to judge as I do. Problem is OUR opinions don't matter. We don't know what they judge on or what standards they go by. Wins and losses clearly aren't their main judging point, but it is a part of it. Coming back from adversity is clearly also part of theirs. You putting the state HOF on the same level as the IBHOF and that's where you're completely off and missing the point. Can tell you've never faced adversity in your life by the way you comment and clearly only see everything on the way YOU think things should be. If that's case, like I said, you should be blessed bc you clearly don't know how difficult it is to pull yourself out of the depths of personal struggles in life to go on and do something amazing like winning a world title. That should always be commended and respected. Having empathy and understanding can go a long way in life my man. You should learn that.
                We don't know how hard it is to make a movie or sing in front of 1000s of strangers, YET, we are free to criticize awful movies and singers, yes ?!?!?

Talk about pearl clutching

Comment

He beat Cornelius Bundrage and Randall Bailey. He went the distance with Julian Williams, Tony Harrison, Erislandy Lara, Carlos Molina, Danny Jacobs, and Sergio Mora. He's the first guy from Vegas to win a major world title. That's more than enough to be honored in his home area.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

He beat Cornelius Bundrage and Randall Bailey.
                    ''Beat'' being used lightly....
                    Those W's were as fringe as he was.

HallOfFringe !

Comment

''Beat'' being used lightly....
                      Those W's were as fringe as he was.

HallOfFringe !
                      Bundrage was the reigning IBF super welterweight champion at the time of the fight, and he won the title a second time a few fights later. He had just knocked out Cory Spinks twice. It was an excellent win.

Bailey won world titles in 1999 and 2012, Smith beat him in 2004 when he was 27-4. Another solid win.

You don't seem to understand how local HOFs work. They exist to honor the history of the sport in the area. Ishe Smith is quite literally the most accomplished boxer ever born in Las Vegas. That's why he's being honored. He won a world title, he beat two guys that won world titles, he went the distance with six other guys that won world titles. Those are incredible accomplishments for your average fighter from any given place. He's not being compared to all boxers in the history of the sport. He's being compared to other people from the same place he's from, and he stands above them all. It's not complicated.
                      messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X