Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman, at 35, Aims for the Big Names - Including Terence Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to admit that Keef will make this fight fun
    Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Folks are taking Thurman lightly. I get it, he can't take a body shot....and outta sight outta mind; he's been inactive. But as long as he can handle Tzysu's power, I give him a boxer's chance.

If he gets past Tzysu, I'd be interested in seeing him face Crawford. Crawford has a knockout streak going, and Thurman has never been stopped.

Comment

The truly funny part is that the article starts "Keith Thurman, at 35". Terence Crawford is 36. What is really should say is "Keith Thurman, who at No Time was close to greatness, wasted the last 5 years of his career..."

I think Tim retires him for good.

Comment

Y'all gonna disappear when Keith beats Tszyu?

I'm excited for a Thurman vs Crawford fight. Makes it so all those top welterweights from the mid/late 2010s will have fought and sorted themselves out. I see Keith beating Tszyu but I don't think he'd beat Crawford.

Comment

I'll admit that I was writing off Thurman a bit in this fight because of his age and inactivity, but I watched the Barrios fight (which I had not seen), and it reminded me of how good prime Thurman was, and how tricky he can be. Another two years have passed since then, but having seen that fight, I no longer think this fight is going to be such a mismatch. Tszyu should still be the clear favorite due to his size, youth and activity advantage, but if the 8:1 odds hold up, Thurman could be a worthwhile bet.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Nobody cares about this guy. He had a crap career, did nothing of any real note.

Called "One Time" but can't punch. Sooner he retires the better.
              ....and if he happens to pull the upset on this guy what then.....

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

....and if he happens to pull the upset on this guy what then.....
                I don't really care.

If Keith Thurman wins then he'll have one more win over a Top 5 ranked fighter than he has at the moment which is zero. Nice one.

Comment

I don't really care.

If Keith Thurman wins then he'll have one more win over a Top 5 ranked fighter than he has at the moment which is zero. Nice one.
                  ....how about give the guy full credit if he beats this 8-1 favorite...despite age and inactivity...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

....how about give the guy full credit if he beats this 8-1 favorite...despite age and inactivity...
                    Ok.

And if he loses what then?

If he slips on a banana peel when walking to the ring what then?

If he dies in a car crash tomorrow what then?

Who cares about what if's? If he wins he wins, nice one. He'll have his first win over a Top 5 ranked opponent. If he loses he'll still have zero. I don't care either way.

Comment

Ok.

Enough said

Comment

Working...
                      X