Comments Thread For: Ward Credits Unteachable Resolve for First Kovalev Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post

Bull ****ing ****.
    Ward outboxed kovalev in the first one and beat him up in the 2nd one. You can think of whatever lies to help you sleep better at night. It's not going to change anything.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
      lol I thought Kov won the first fight too. lmao at him bragging about it all these years later.

Fun fact he is the same age as beterbiev, if he is so good go fight beterbiev this fall. lmfao
      He's retired. Beterbiev has enough on his plate in June.

Comment

Interesting how the same folks come unhinged when Ward simply utters a statement, but are perfectly fine with Froch and Calzaghe running their mouths.

I was never a big Ward fan, but give him credit for a great undefeated resume across two divisions and edging (I had him losing 7-5) a killer like Kovalev at 175. Just to get up from a solid knockdown against a power puncher like Kovalev merits respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
          The hate Ward gets for how messy he can be in the ring sometimes is a bit warranted, but dude cleaned out loaded SMW division in dominant fashion in a tournament that he was considered a little-known dark horse and not given much of a chance by the general public. He might have gotten a bit of a gift in the first fight with Kovalev, but he erased that doubt in the second fight and in a way nobody thought he would get it. He might not have been the most entertaining to watch sometimes, but he was a dude that showed he can do everything in the ring at an elite level, good and bad. He deserves his credit.
          Similar sentiments to my own opinion on Ward. Thanks.

Comment

I would credit it to poor scoring by the judges but that is just me.

Comment

Ward did show resolve in the first fight. Getting outboxed, dropped and the power looked like it was getting to him. He did adjust and won rounds. I thought he had lost a close fight but he showed the ability to adjust and some cojones.

The second fight he simply outboxed and out punch Kovalev

Comment

I like Ward even if he comes off a bit aloof and arrogant. I would have preferred ESPN to have kept him and jettisoned Bradley. I have respect for his accomplishments in the ring.

I thought he showed resolve in the first Kovalev fight but I had him losing that one. The second one was just bizarre. I thought Kovalev was winning but fading and Ward was hitting him with both borderline and low shots.

Whenever Ward talks about Kovalev or their fights together, I get the impression that it's his proudest moments. He can be dismissive but he always talks up Kovalev in an odd way because he knows it validates how he feels about those victories.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  if ward knocked out kovalev then judah knocked out mayweather
                  Judah definitely knocked Floyd down, only a clown would say otherwise

Comment

And Ward clearly lost the first fight but they weren't giving a russian the W over an american. Second fight the punches looked low but Kovalev was losing anyway but still, it's ok to say Ward got a few gifts in his career

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Similar sentiments to my own opinion on Ward. Thanks.
                      All good dude. From one boxing fan to another.

Comment

Working...
                      X