No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anderson, Ajagba to Headline Heavyweight Doubleheader

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anderson, Ajagba to Headline Heavyweight Doubleheader

Undefeated heavyweight phenom Jared "The Real Big Baby" Anderson is angling for another big knockout. The fighting pride of Toledo, Ohio, steps up in class to face Belgian contender Ryad Merhy on Saturday, April 13, in the 10-round main event at American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 02-28-2024, 01:40 PM.

Translation Anderson vs Ajagba in the fall

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfall View Post
      Translation Anderson vs Ajagba in the fall
      That would be a good test and the winner will rise to the next level.

Comment

Decent card with a couple interesting HW bouts…

Comment

Looking forward to watch Ajagba removing Vianello from any heavyweight discussion once and for all.
          PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

That would be a good test and the winner will rise to the next level.
            I don't see Efe rising to the next level even if he wins. If he wins, all it will mean is that we've been massively overrating Anderson.

Not saying Efe can't make a good living but he's never going to be a serious contender.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

I don't see Efe rising to the next level even if he wins. If he wins, all it will mean is that we've been massively overrating Anderson.

Not saying Efe can't make a good living but he's never going to be a serious contender.
              Ajagba's only loss is to Sanchez. Is that really enough to completely give up on him?
              Dan Gleessac Dan Gleessac likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

His issue is that he is too robotic. Last fight he let his lands go a bit more and looked a bit more fluid. He does possess that crushing right hand that he knows he can deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

His issue is that he is too robotic. Last fight he let his lands go a bit more and looked a bit more fluid. He does possess that crushing right hand that he knows he can deliver.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Ajagba's only loss is to Sanchez. Is that really enough to completely give up on him?
                  He wasn't just beaten by Sanchez, he wasn't competitive. If Sanchez were any kind of puncher Efe wouldn't have seen the 6th. He's 29, at least he isn't 34 like Makhmudov but I don't see him competing at the top level with just a big right hand. He looks pretty good against mid-level talent but I think the better fighters, like Sanchez, will always have an easy time with him.

At this point an Efe / Makhmudov match is even money (and a really great fight!), imo.

Comment

Yet another heavyweight card where the 2 big names avoid one another.

Comment

Working...
                    X