Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Suggests Gervonta Davis Should Fight Haney, Stevenson Before They Outgrow Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank will stay in bubble wrap and his fanbois don’t care.
    macmike100 macmike100 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
      I notice every other one of your posts references disparaging American boxers. You are aware that the UK is vastly inferior at boxing, both currently and historically, right? If you come from a nation who has tried to pass off Khan, AJ, Benn, Eubank jr, the Smith bros, among many many others as elite, you’re in no position to criticize any nation about boxing. Especially one vastly superior to yours. The Uk is minor league boxing compared to the U.S. and currently has 0 fighters considered to be a top 10 p4p fighter.
      You sound like a small minded nationalist. My issue is specifically with inactive American "muh A side", "muh split" fighters who get a disproportionate amount of attention and money. Quite happy to cheer for US fighters under the right circumstances. I'll even cheer for Davis if he fights Benn.

Comment

Weight difference would be vast if Tank keeps delaying this Haney fight.

Comment

Haney has already out grown him. He came into the ring on fight night against Prograis weighing 165. This early summer should be Tank vs Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
            Tank will stay in bubble wrap because his fanbois don’t care.
            fixed that. I'm pretty sure Tank would be fighting better fighters if he had to. He doesn't have to. He may or may not look back on his poor legacy with regrets but in the meantime, the money is good and the living is easy

TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Gervonta still can make 135 so unless Haney coming back that doesn’t make since for Gervonta. Stevenson is in the rebuilding stage due to his last few performances in my opinion. There’s many others that can get some in this decorated division.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

You sound like a small minded nationalist. My issue is specifically with inactive American "muh A side", "muh split" fighters who get a disproportionate amount of attention and money. Quite happy to cheer for US fighters under the right circumstances. I'll even cheer for Davis if he fights Benn.
                Similar to how Fury has been an inactive champion? Similar to how Taylor held his titles while being inactive. Similar to how AJ gets a disproportionate amount of attention and money? But for the record, I do agree that fighters need to be held more accountable for their opponent selection and inactivity.
                dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                  I notice every other one of your posts references disparaging American boxers. You are aware that the UK is vastly inferior at boxing, both currently and historically, right? If you come from a nation who has tried to pass off Khan, AJ, Benn, Eubank jr, the Smith bros, among many many others as elite, you’re in no position to criticize any nation about boxing. Especially one vastly superior to yours. The Uk is minor league boxing compared to the U.S. and currently has 0 fighters considered to be a top 10 p4p fighter.
                  Nations don't compete in pro boxing, individuals do. Both the U.S. and U.K. have many outstanding fighters, as do many other countries.

Comment

As always, I’m blown away by the haters in this world. There’s good and bad things to say about each and every fighter. What’s important is what we’re comparing to. But for people, boxing people, to write paragraph comments here about how Tank doesn’t have the boxing ability or the IQ of an elite fighter, you are CLEARLY just being a hater. And you’re not giving a real assessment of Tank. It’s just spewing hate. At the end of the day, Boxing is just fighting. And that man beats everybody up and KOs people! One of the biggest disappointments in boxing today is that big fights turn into snoozefests. Because both elite fighters will fight timid because the opponent Is dangerous. Tank knocks everybody the **** out. He stops Pedraza when he was undefeated, and it’s “a bum opponent”. But you same fans will name Pedraza when talking about quality wins for Loma. So I’m not saying the triangle theory works, cuz it don’t. But call it fair if we’re going to compare fighters.

Tank is a beast. Period. But nobody says Stevenson is ducking Tank. No one saying Teo or Matias or Haney or Loma or anyone around his weight class is ducking Tank. He’s the only one that you all accused of ducking people. And it’s ridiculous. The big fights will materialize. Just be patient! Geez. Do we actually think Tank is going to retire tomorrow, having not fought any big man’s guys?! Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
                      As always, I’m blown away by the haters in this world. There’s good and bad things to say about each and every fighter. What’s important is what we’re comparing to. But for people, boxing people, to write paragraph comments here about how Tank doesn’t have the boxing ability or the IQ of an elite fighter, you are CLEARLY just being a hater. And you’re not giving a real assessment of Tank. It’s just spewing hate. At the end of the day, Boxing is just fighting. And that man beats everybody up and KOs people! One of the biggest disappointments in boxing today is that big fights turn into snoozefests. Because both elite fighters will fight timid because the opponent Is dangerous. Tank knocks everybody the **** out. He stops Pedraza when he was undefeated, and it’s “a bum opponent”. But you same fans will name Pedraza when talking about quality wins for Loma. So I’m not saying the triangle theory works, cuz it don’t. But call it fair if we’re going to compare fighters.

Tank is a beast. Period. But nobody says Stevenson is ducking Tank. No one saying Teo or Matias or Haney or Loma or anyone around his weight class is ducking Tank. He’s the only one that you all accused of ducking people. And it’s ridiculous. The big fights will materialize. Just be patient! Geez. Do we actually think Tank is going to retire tomorrow, having not fought any big man’s guys?! Duh.
                      Oh snap! Top dog just ghost rode your bikes, gave you noogies, dirty sanchez, atomic wedgies, tucked your moms into bed, ******** your brothers, ate your sandwich while you were putting the mayo back in the fridge, upper decked your toilets, and wiped your toothbrushes on his taint.

Comment

Working...
                      X