Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: Jamaine Ortiz Was Running Around The Ring; That Isn't Boxing; This Was Disgraceful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight stunk. The sweet science is guys like Benitez and Sugar Ray Leonard. Could the fight have gone either way? I wagered a little on Teo so I was happy but he looked terrible as well. How about cutting the ring off and roughing up the guy? Bob is right on this one! Excitement sells tickets. No one watches to be bored!
    Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post

I had no horse in this race so I don't care who won. You sound agitated. Ortiz landed a few punches here and there, "occasional punches". Lopez was missing badly. He won rounds because he was coming forward while Ortiz was too negative.
      Yeah neither one did any of the 4 main traits to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post

They were saying that in the fight thread. A lot had Ortiz winning. It's an observation, not an opinion.
        Ortiz did not win.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

Ortiz did not win.
          Maybe. I didn't score it, and much like Shakur-DLS, I couldn't care less who won this parody of a fight.

Comment

18’ rings will force guys to actually fight and stop this sort of thing from happening so often.

Comment

bob-arum_1685081524.jpg

Comment

The obvious answer is to make sure Teo isn't matched up with any fighters that use footwork, movement and box. It's not fair to him and his plodding feet.

When Sandor put on a boxing masterclass against Teo, ol' Bob said the Spaniard "ran like a bandit" and claimed Lopez won every round (even the round that the Spaniard dropped Teo).

Ol' Bob doesn't like when his flawed A-side gets exposed for his limitations. Shakur....well that's not so much of a problem when he uses movement. Because he's the A-side.
                Last edited by PBR Streetgang; 02-10-2024, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Bob telling it like it is. I agree Ortiz is a solid fighter but he failed to capitalize on this big opportunity. Wrong approach

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

You’re one of those fans who believes compubox more than your own eyes, huh? Ortiz didn’t land 20 punches, much less 80.
                    Nope.

I've actually repeatedly told NSB to stop listening to CompuBox.

But let's not forget that CompuBox said that Pacquiao outlanded Jeff Horn. And there, NSB said "well that's what CompuBox said so it must be true".

Let's just be consistent. They're either accurate or they're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Talk Radio View Post
                      "The guy just wouldn't stand in front of us so Teo could hit him. It's disgraceful - brings back memories of what Floyd did to Manny. Why won't these fighters just LET us hit them???"

...oh wait, you mean Ortiz OUTLANDED Teofimo? Whaaaa??? HOW can that happen if all he did was run???
                      If the punch stats are literally two punch difference with no dramatic punches thrown from either side then the guy coming forward deserves the nod it's quite simple

It's a lot harder to go forward and keep up the punch stats of someone on the back foot setting constant traps and if you have ever been in the ring you'd understand why aggression is scored more than counter punching

One guy is making the fight and the other is trying to minimise the action and only throw when at an advantage and set

To fight on the backfoot you have to dominate the rounds convincingly
                      dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X