Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Believes Subriel Matias Is The "Softest" Fighter At 140 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think any true boxing fan would believe that comment. The only thing I do believe is that Matias can probably be outboxed. He's been getting lucky with opponents that mostly elect to trade with him which hasn't worked well for them. I know Matias also likes to come forward with pressure and close the distance, but I think a good boxer will pepper Matias from the distance with jabs, working their way to a rather uneventful UD against him. Granted, I wish he can destroy those guys and I'll be rooting for him vs anyone because his style is hella entertaining.
    Last edited by ELPacman; 02-08-2024, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      At least Matias is getting a mention - lets see the fight get made - doesn't Rolly have a belt? Not sure how Teo can have Matias weaker than Rolly
      1. Teo says a lot of outlandish things.

2.I think Teo and Rolly were buddies so that might play a part.
      SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post

You have a link from a reputable source for this ?. I watch every interview w/ him that man is very humble and came from nothing. He has a solid team and wants to be great, I can guarantee to you that he is not pricing himself out of any fight wether its TEO, Haney or any other 140lb fighter.
        Matias is negotiations with MatchRoom, so he's looking for the bag! Actually, if they do it on Puerto Rican Day Parade Weekend, Matias will be the one putting asses in seats!!!

Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Truth hurts Matias fans bought to implode lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post

You have a link from a reputable source for this ?. I watch every interview w/ him that man is very humble and came from nothing. He has a solid team and wants to be great, I can guarantee to you that he is not pricing himself out of any fight wether its TEO, Haney or any other 140lb fighter.
            Thats why I said allegedly & qualified it more with the "if its true" cuz idk if its true. Theres been various sh^t in the rumor mill with this potential fight but it seems like there was a period when the fight coulda been made. What the 100% truth is only the two sides know obviously.

Comment

Matias official on Dazn,1st fight with Liam Paro in Puerto Rico !
              Last edited by TonyRespectful; 02-08-2024, 04:17 PM.

Comment

He's the fighter all these clowns at 140 are avoiding. Haney, Lopez, Garcia want to part of Matias.

Comment

Two’s trash talk would be more believable if he had said the most limited skilled boxer, but softest? Nah, dude is like a terminator and has literally terminated someone. Ryan is clearly the softest if the big names with his quitting vs tank, and multiple pullouts from fights/negotiations. Teo is no rock himself. He’s the same guy who mentally failed vs Kambosos and was heard asking his father if he still had it after the Martin fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

This is generally true, but then there's Tyson Fury.
                    Generally true, but then there’s Canelo. Tyson Fury looks bad, but at least he signed to fight Usyk. Canelo won’t even entertain Benavidez. Damn boxing sucks these days.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

This is generally true, but then there's Tyson Fury.
                      Fury is a fraud. But he comes nowhere near to the likes of nearly every single fighter in North America. They're coward personified. Only a few have any courage and honour. You could offer them money way beyond their market value only to still have them run away and find someone who has been far too inactive to make a fight of it. Therefore, it has nothing to do with the reward not being worth the risk. Too many to name have proven that to be the case.
                      TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X