Collapse
No announcement yet.

My top 50 p4p fighters of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone can pick apart these lists but...

Duran should probably be above Leonard...

Whitaker above Leonard?

Pacquiao is too high, and Hopkins above Hagler?

And no Roy Jones...don't like this list...

Comment

I honestly feel that if JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ was american and not mexican he would be a top 10 in everybodys list cause i remember larry merchant compare chavez to robinson and even lampley alot of comentators would compare chavez to alot of great fighters but went he started losing i think that's went the public forgot all the **** they spoke i have a collection of boxing fight's. I have over 4500 fight in my house and honestly julio cesar chavez was one of the greatest champions of all-time.And the reason chavez was so good was because of the fight's he would fight to stay in shape all those taxi driver that people would claim that were bums. His chin was like iron and he had underrated boxing skills.........guys dont get carried away cause im not mexican my family is from the dominican republic and i was born in the bronx im 29 years old and ive been watching boxing since i was 7 years old and i've seen so much boxing matches over the years that sometimes i feel i see punches flying at me lolol but anyways thats just my opinion julio cesar chavez doen't get the credit he deserves by the american public. Even mayweather jr said that one of the GREATEST fighter's of any era was julio cesar chavez ...By the way i got video fudige of him saying that and the only reason the i dont put old school fight's in youtube is cause i have all my fight's in video and i haven't converted them to dvd so i can't download my fight's to my computer but once i convert my fight's ill start puting fight's in youtube cause there's fight's that i have that i feel nobody has...And like i said im not mexican i just gotta say that to me chavez was a beast in his prime....top 10 in my list the greatest of all-time without a question to me is sugar ray robinson i got great fight's from him and i love his style of fighting...he the best

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Thank you. And, believe me I really wanted to put Tito in my list. I just couldn't find a spot for him.

Carlos Ortiz. I was thinking about him. But, IMO Tito is the greatest Puerto Rican fighter of all time. So if I couldn't find a spot for Tito than how could I find a spot for Ortiz? I mean is hard bro. When you do a list like this. You feel like you starting of good. But, then you realize you getting close to #50 and yet you still have all this fighters but you running out room. A lot fighters would get left out.

But, tito, ortiz, even Wilfredo Gomez. Could be on a top 50 list. But, I just ran out of room in mine.

BTW are you puerto rican if so. In your opinion who is the greatest fighter out of Puerto Rico. I say Tito. But, my uncle keeps telling me about Gomez, and Grandpa use to say Ortiz. But, we not Puerto Rican. So I want to get a true puerto rican opinion I think they got the best insight in this matter

Hey J, I can't blame you for omiting some fighters with a great list you've come up with! Yes I am Puerto Rican. With that said I would have to pick Wilfredo Gomez as Puerto Rico's greatest only because I've seen most of his fights as opposed to Carlos Ortiz who I've only read about and discussed about usualy with the older generation. We must not forget Carlos because championship opportunities were'nt always provided to all and if so not legitimately.He made the best of his opportunitties and was an ATG. As far as Tito there's no P Rican fighter past or present who can surpass his popularity. His down to earth persona catapults him in front of all mentioned but give me a well conditioned Gomez in any era. Once again great post!!!

Comment

I can't be taken seriously? I mean they are records of this fighters. Is there a certain fighter you disagree with on where they are ranked?
          Records dont prove who should be where on a list. You have to have been immersed with boxing during those times to understand the climate of boxing then, who was peaking at certain times, mob influence, different scenarios. Thats like a fan 20 years from now looking at Pacquiao's resume and saying he must be the greatest ever, not knowing the circumstances behind some of those fights.

Comment

Pacquiao at 29?????

Comment

Originally posted by RealDeal '86 View Post
              Pacquiao at 29?????
              Is it too low? You think he sould be higher? I was thinking at putting him at 25. But, How can I put him ahead of Lamotta and Gavillan. They were beasts in those times. If Pac beats Cotto I will agree with you. I would put him at 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                Records dont prove who should be where on a list. You have to have been immersed with boxing during those times to understand the climate of boxing then, who was peaking at certain times, mob influence, different scenarios. Thats like a fan 20 years from now looking at Pacquiao's resume and saying he must be the greatest ever, not knowing the circumstances behind some of those fights.
                I know you wouldn't waste your time to put a list. But, if you did you wouldn't put none of the old timers in?

Comment

I know you wouldn't waste your time to put a list. But, if you did you wouldn't put none of the old timers in?
                  Of course I would, but to be honest some of those guys Ive only heard about and havent seen a single fight of theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                    Hey J, I can't blame you for omiting some fighters with a great list you've come up with! Yes I am Puerto Rican. With that said I would have to pick Wilfredo Gomez as Puerto Rico's greatest only because I've seen most of his fights as opposed to Carlos Ortiz who I've only read about and discussed about usualy with the older generation. We must not forget Carlos because championship opportunities were'nt always provided to all and if so not legitimately.He made the best of his opportunitties and was an ATG. As far as Tito there's no P Rican fighter past or present who can surpass his popularity. His down to earth persona catapults him in front of all mentioned but give me a well conditioned Gomez in any era. Once again great post!!!
                    Thanks for your insight but I am still picking Tito dammit lol. I also think is a matter of your generation. Ortiz was fighting during my Grandfighter time. While Gomez wss fighting around my Uncle's time. And, Tito is from my generation and maybe that is the reason I hold him in higher regard than the rest. But, you might be right Gomez is possibly better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                      Of course I would, but to be honest some of those guys Ive only heard about and havent seen a single fight of theirs.
                      Ok and I do see your point. And, I am such a boxing geek. that I always try to see clips of the old fighters. And, actually I found a lot of clips of this old fighters and I always try to read artciles of these fighters. Anything that I could get info on from the old time I studied it. But, you right is really impossible to know what happened behind the scenes during those times.

Comment

Working...
                      X