Collapse
No announcement yet.

My top 50 p4p fighters of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good list, I don't think I could put a list like that together. I only criticize a few things:
    Hopkins--too high
    Duran-- should be a fewq spots higher
    JC Chavez---too high
    Marcel Cerdan--too low
    Whitaker--a bit higher
    Pacquiao---I'd put him somewhere between 35-45

BTW Tito is my fav fighter of all time too but yeah he's like 50-60.

Comment

J
      Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      I did spend a lot of time in this list. Out of all the list I made this is the one I like the most.

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
      2. Henry Armstrong
      3. Willie Pep
      4. Muhammed Ali
      5. Harry Greb
      6. Joe Louis
      7. Sam Langford
      8. Benny Leonard
      9. Jack Johnson
      10. Ezzard Charles
      11. Pernell Whitaker
      12. Ray Leonard
      13. Jimmy Wilde
      14. Roberto Duran
      15. Joe Gans
      16. Julio Cesar Chavez
      17. Barney Ross
      18. Tony Canzoneri
      19. Sandy Sadler
      20. Archie Moore
      21. Mickey Walker
      22. Gene Tunney
      23. Jimmy McClarnin
      24. Kid Gavilan
      25. Jake Lamotta
      26. Ike Williams
      27. Bob Fitzsimmons
      28. Salvador Sanchez
      29. Manny Pacquiao
      30. Rocky Marciano
      31. Stanley Ketchel
      32. Jose Napoles
      33. Billy Conn
      34. Emile Griffith
      35. Dick Tiger
      36. Eder Jofre
      37. Evander Holyfield
      38. Rubin Olivares
      39. Bernard Hopkins
      40. George Foreman
      41. Marvin Hagler
      42. Alexis Arguello
      43. Larry Holmes
      44. Tiger Flowers
      45. Thomas Hearns
      46. Terry McGovern
      47. Abe Attell
      48. Aaron Pryor
      49. Carlos Monzon
      50. Marcel Cerdan

I was hoping that Trinidad (my favorite fighter of all time) would make my top 50. But, I really coldn't put him ahead of any of this guys
      J, great list. I see Tito didn't make your list but what about Carlos Ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
        terrible list..how is whitaker ahead of sugar ray leonard??and how is pacman #29 and floyds not on the list at all?and jack johnson#9???r u serious??and willie pep over joe louis???lmfao
        I think Whitaker and Leonard are very even. Is splitting if you think Leonard is above Whitaker I wouldn't argue. IMO whitaker never lossed until he fought Trinidad.

Pac has made history pro. Name me a fighter who was THE Flyweight champion and has had anykind of success above 10? Pac has won 4 linear champions in 4 different weight-class that has never been done before.

I wanted to put Floyd in my top 50. But, I couldn't find a spot for him. He impressed me at 130. He impressed me with Castillo at 135. But, then after that I have not been impressed.

Jack Johnson use to have fights that would last 25 rds. If that alone is not a top 10 fighter I don't know what is. And, Johnson was argubly the best defenseive fighter of all time.

I think Pep is the greatest defensive fighter of all time. Once won a round without throwing a punch. Dude had skills.

And, to answer your other question about Roy Jones not being on the list. Who could I take off Jones in. And, remember Jones never was a the linear champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
          Good list, I don't think I could put a list like that together. I only criticize a few things:
          Hopkins--too high
          Duran-- should be a fewq spots higher
          JC Chavez---too high
          Marcel Cerdan--too low
          Whitaker--a bit higher
          Pacquiao---I'd put him somewhere between 35-45

BTW Tito is my fav fighter of all time too but yeah he's like 50-60.
          Thank you. I had a very hard time with list. I am not saying is perfect. But, I am willing to defended if anybody questions it.

Comment

Ali number 4? Dude got knocked out by 188 pounder Henry Cooper. How is he a p4p great. Oh yeah, George Foreman was soooo big...1/2 inch taller and 3 lbs heavier...Ali does not belong on this list.

No Joe Calzaghe? Makes your list a complete joke.
            No RJJ
            No Vitali Klitschko
            Floyd not top 5?

How is Ali a better p4p fighter than floyd....

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
              J

J, great list. I see Tito didn't make your list but what about Carlos Ortiz?
              Thank you. And, believe me I really wanted to put Tito in my list. I just couldn't find a spot for him.

Carlos Ortiz. I was thinking about him. But, IMO Tito is the greatest Puerto Rican fighter of all time. So if I couldn't find a spot for Tito than how could I find a spot for Ortiz? I mean is hard bro. When you do a list like this. You feel like you starting of good. But, then you realize you getting close to #50 and yet you still have all this fighters but you running out room. A lot fighters would get left out.

But, tito, ortiz, even Wilfredo Gomez. Could be on a top 50 list. But, I just ran out of room in mine.

BTW are you puerto rican if so. In your opinion who is the greatest fighter out of Puerto Rico. I say Tito. But, my uncle keeps telling me about Gomez, and Grandpa use to say Ortiz. But, we not Puerto Rican. So I want to get a true puerto rican opinion I think they got the best insight in this matter

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Ironfist View Post
                Ali number 4? Dude got knocked out by 188 pounder Henry Cooper. How is he a p4p great. Oh yeah, George Foreman was soooo big...1/2 inch taller and 3 lbs heavier...Ali does not belong on this list.

No Joe Calzaghe? Makes your list a complete joke.
                No RJJ
                No Vitali Klitschko
                Floyd not top 5?

How is Ali a better p4p fighter than floyd....
                Ali did not get kocked out by Cooper he got dropped there is a difference.

Calzaghe? Come on be real. Who could I take off to put Calzaghe in. Jones, Trinidad, Wilferdo Gomez, Mayweather, Carlos Ortiz, Ricardo Lopez, Kid Lewis, George Dixon, Barrera, Morales, JMM, are above Galzaghe.

I already explained why I don't have RJJ in my top 50,

Vitaly? You serious

Ali beat Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Spinks, Shavers, Young, Lyle, Bonavena(if Bonavena was fighting right now he would be the third best HW. Maybe even #2) I mean do you want me to keep going. You can't compare Floyd to Ali. I don't even think Floyd fans would make that argument.

Comment

No disrespect TS but unless you went back and looked at the careers of those fighters you cant be taken seriously. Even if you did that you would still be missing out on tons of information you would only be privy to had you been alive when most of those fighters fought.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Ali did not get kocked out by Cooper he got dropped there is a difference.

Calzaghe? Come on be real. Who could I take off to put Calzaghe in. Jones, Trinidad, Wilferdo Gomez, Mayweather, Carlos Ortiz, Ricardo Lopez, Kid Lewis, George Dixon, Barrera, Morales, JMM, are above Galzaghe.

I already explained why I don't have RJJ in my top 50,

Vitaly? You serious

Ali beat Liston, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Spinks, Shavers, Young, Lyle, Bonavena(if Bonavena was fighting right now he would be the third best HW. Maybe even #2) I mean do you want me to keep going. You can't compare Floyd to Ali. I don't even think Floyd fans would make that argument.
                    Uh Ali lost to Frazier, beat a paid off Liston. NEVER BEAT NORTON. First of all he got destroyed the first fight, then had two sets of paid off judges say he wont the next two. I will go round by round with you and prove he never beat Norton. Lost to a Spinks what had 7 fights, what a joke. Didnt beat Shavers either. I will go round by round again with you. Haha, why no rematch with Young? Oh yeah, because he also beat Ali. Bonavena was terrible. Boom. And Ali had to cheat to beat COoper. Smelling salts are illegal theres video evidence of him using them. What a joke. Ali often fought guys 40 pounds less than him. What a joke. Knocked down by Chuck Wepner. Beat by a prime Joe Frazier. And then beat a Joe Frazier who after being undefeated won 5 of his last 10 fights. What a joke.

Get out of here troll.

Joe's never been beat. He was amazing. Again Joe Beat Roy, who beat Toney, who beat holyfield, who beat tyson, who beat holmes who beat the hell out of Ali. Get out of here.

Ali has losses and tons of rigged decisions and joke fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                      No disrespect TS but unless you went back and looked at the careers of those fighters you cant be taken seriously. Even if you did that you would still be missing out on tons of information you would only be privy to had you been alive when most of those fighters fought.
                      I can't be taken seriously? I mean they are records of this fighters. Is there a certain fighter you disagree with on where they are ranked?

Comment

Working...
                      X