No announcement yet.

My top 50 p4p fighters of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I did spend a lot of time in this list. Out of all the list I made this is the one I like the most.

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
    2. Henry Armstrong
    3. Willie Pep
    4. Muhammed Ali
    5. Harry Greb
    6. Joe Louis
    7. Sam Langford
    8. Benny Leonard
    9. Jack Johnson
    10. Ezzard Charles
    11. Pernell Whitaker
    12. Ray Leonard
    13. Jimmy Wilde
    14. Roberto Duran
    15. Joe Gans
    16. Julio Cesar Chavez
    17. Barney Ross
    18. Tony Canzoneri
    19. Sandy Sadler
    20. Archie Moore
    21. Mickey Walker
    22. Gene Tunney
    23. Jimmy McClarnin
    24. Kid Gavilan
    25. Jake Lamotta
    26. Ike Williams
    27. Bob Fitzsimmons
    28. Salvador Sanchez
    29. Manny Pacquiao
    30. Rocky Marciano
    31. Stanley Ketchel
    32. Jose Napoles
    33. Billy Conn
    34. Emile Griffith
    35. Dick Tiger
    36. Eder Jofre
    37. Evander Holyfield
    38. Rubin Olivares
    39. Bernard Hopkins
    40. George Foreman
    41. Marvin Hagler
    42. Alexis Arguello
    43. Larry Holmes
    44. Tiger Flowers
    45. Thomas Hearns
    46. Terry McGovern
    47. Abe Attell
    48. Aaron Pryor
    49. Carlos Monzon
    50. Marcel Cerdan

I was hoping that Trinidad (my favorite fighter of all time) would make my top 50. But, I really coldn't put him ahead of any of this guys
    Leonard at 12 and Hagler at 41? Are they that far apart? I think Duran beats Leonard in a pound for pound sense aswell. It doesn't really matter though, it's your opinion. Every list can be argued depending on what weight you perceive certain fighters achievements to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Duran's too low.

Hopkins is above guys he shouldn't be. Is he the best MW of all time to you?

I think Floyd should be on there personally...

All in all decent list though. Those things are really hard to do, and that's not too outrageous at all.
      I love Duran, I think my top 10 is set, but I was thinking aout Duran on #11. So I kinda agree with you. But, the image that got stuck to my head. Was the Hearns fight. And, how he got destroy in 2 rouns. And, then I was thinking tht wouldn't happen to Whitaker, I think Jimmy Wilde who is small but P4P probably the hardest puncher of all time would of atleast hurt Hearns. And, I see nobody KO'ing Leonard like that in 2rds. So that is why I list him on 14. It was hard bro.

I don't think Hopkins is the greatest MW. But, I think he is top 3-top 5 greatest MW of all time. But, the reason I put Hopkins ahead of Monzon and Hagler. Is that both Hagler and Monzon fougth their whole career at MW. While. While Hopkins has had some good success at a higher weight aslo not just MW. If it was just a MW list I probably would have B-Hop but in P4P sense I do. If Hagler and Monzon would of had any kind of success at a higher weight. Then I would of put both ahead of Hopkins.

Comment

Hagler and Holmes should be above Hopkins, Roy Jones should also be there. It really does not sit well with me how anyone could have Marciano above Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          I did spend a lot of time in this list. Out of all the list I made this is the one I like the most.

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
          2. Henry Armstrong
          3. Willie Pep
          4. Muhammed Ali
          5. Harry Greb
          6. Joe Louis
          7. Sam Langford
          8. Benny Leonard
          9. Jack Johnson
          10. Ezzard Charles
          11. Pernell Whitaker
          12. Ray Leonard
          13. Jimmy Wilde
          14. Roberto Duran
          15. Joe Gans
          16. Julio Cesar Chavez
          17. Barney Ross
          18. Tony Canzoneri
          19. Sandy Sadler
          20. Archie Moore
          21. Mickey Walker
          22. Gene Tunney
          23. Jimmy McClarnin
          24. Kid Gavilan
          25. Jake Lamotta
          26. Ike Williams
          27. Bob Fitzsimmons
          28. Salvador Sanchez
          29. Manny Pacquiao
          30. Rocky Marciano
          31. Stanley Ketchel
          32. Jose Napoles
          33. Billy Conn
          34. Emile Griffith
          35. Dick Tiger
          36. Eder Jofre
          37. Evander Holyfield
          38. Rubin Olivares
          39. Bernard Hopkins
          40. George Foreman
          41. Marvin Hagler
          42. Alexis Arguello
          43. Larry Holmes
          44. Tiger Flowers
          45. Thomas Hearns
          46. Terry McGovern
          47. Abe Attell
          48. Aaron Pryor
          49. Carlos Monzon
          50. Marcel Cerdan

I was hoping that Trinidad (my favorite fighter of all time) would make my top 50. But, I really coldn't put him ahead of any of this guys
          terrible list..how is whitaker ahead of sugar ray leonard??and how is pacman #29 and floyds not on the list at all?and jack johnson#9???r u serious??and willie pep over joe louis???lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
            I think that list is solid. I would have put Roy in there somewhere and Ray ahead of Whitaker
            I wouldn't argue with Ray ahead of Whitaker. I think in that spot you splitting hairs really. Is very close IMO

Comment

and how is roy jones not on the list but hopkins is???

Comment

Pac is 29 but Floyd cant make the top 50? Some say that RJ is the greatest theyve ever seen but he cant make the top 50? Hagler 41?

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
                  Trinidad is better than a lot of your picks, how can you be 25 years old and know Gavilan is better than Trinidad? makes no sense, im 31 been wathchin the sport since late 80s and I cant call that one either way, or holmes over Tyson,... Have you seen Trinidad Fights? I would like to reffer you to any of his fights from 93 to 2004, even his losses and you will see
                  I mentioned Trinidad is my favorite fighter of all time. So yes I have seen him. I was in the arena when he beat Maurice Bocker to win the title. I been following him ever since. He is the one who made me a hardocore boxing fan. But, Kid Gavillan IMO is in the top 5 greatest WW of all time along with Robinson, Armstrong, Leonard, and Mclarnin. I think everybody agrees that Robinson is the greatest fighter of all time. Gavilan fought a prime Robinson who by the way was the closest thing unbeatable you could get. And, Gavilan hung in there and lossed a very controversial decision. In the rematch he gave Robinson hell. That how good he was that he could hang in here with the G.O.A.T. Gavilan also holds win against guys like Ike Williams, Gll Turner, Billy Graham, and Beau Jack.

Tyson did not have the longevity for me to put him ahead of Holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                    Jake La Motta is to high? You have Hopkins but not Roy Jones Jr?
                    Does Bob Fitzsimmons really belong?
                    Lamotta was the only fighter to beat Robinson in his first 135 fights and the only fighter to beat Robinson in his 20's. Lamotta holds win over Friztie Zivic, Tommy Bell, Tony Janiro, and bob muprhy. I think Lamotta has very underrated boxing skills he could at rolling punches.

I think B-Hop overall has a bette body of work. And, also I myself hold lineage championship very highly. And, what I found weird about Roy Jones is that out of all the belts that he won. He was never ever the Linear Champion. Not once. So if you look he was never the real champion.

And, I think Bob Fitzsimmons belongs. He is the only fighter who has won. THE Middleweight champion. And, THE Heavyweight champion. Only guy ever.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      Hagler and Holmes should be above Hopkins, Roy Jones should also be there. It really does not sit well with me how anyone could have Marciano above Holmes.
                      I think as a MW Hagler should be ahead of Hopkins. But, in a P4P sense I got Hopkins over for the reason that proved he could have success at a higher weight-class. Hagler didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X