Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Canelo will fight Jermall Charlo and Terrance Crawford consecutively, neither of them being contenders from 168.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Canelo will fight Jermall Charlo and Terrance Crawford consecutively, neither of them being contenders from 168.

Crawford should not jump straight from 147 to 168. He should fight at 154.
    charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Charlo was a gimme so no real surprise there albeit fighting a fighter who has been inactive for 2 years is uh questionable.

Crawford makes zero sense you cant just add 20 pounds and be the same fighter he has never came close to fighting someone with Alvarez power.

Pretty disappointing 2024 if this eventuates.

Comment

hes in complete floyd mode now. the bivol fight was his last chance at greatness and now he knows hes just not on that level so hes getting that easy money
        4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Crawford should not jump straight from 147 to 168. He should fight at 154.
          He should jump up if he is just interested in cashing out with Canelo. This is not about boxing its about money.

I am still surprised if Canelo fights Crawford. He obviously ticks lots of boxes, but Canelo must know its a high risk low reward fight. If he beats Crawford would be really get much credit? And if he loses its a disaster. He really must be scared to death of a Benavidez ass whopping. lol

Comment

the charlo fight is awful if it happens, its shameful

crawford i can somewhat understand for a money fight

canelo is so afraid of benny if the above are the fights

Comment

Well Canelo is doing the smartest thing, not the most macho but its two lets say on paper easy fights for him, but two very big names that in years to come they will sit ok with an asterisk , Canelo is looking down the gun barrel of retirement, he will be weighing up the smart vs the macho , it doesn't make him a coward like the children will spew but it does make him a seasoned long time champion looking at his future when boxing is over, when they are young and hungry the future doesn't exsist its all about the now and wanting it all now, he is older and near the end I get it completely why he may go out on TC and Charlo, at the end of the day fighters don't give a fck about fans other than knowing they need them along the way, when their back is against the wall they think only about themselves and their own family and close circle, two bulls sitting on top of a hill overlooking a herd a cows, the young bull says lets run down there and grab that looker and fck the sht out of her, the old bull says lets walk down and fck the sht out of all of them.

Comment

so 3 fights in a row hes gonna fight a guy moving up in weight, a guy moving up 2 weight classes, and a guy moving up 3 weight classes...while avoiding the same guy he has been avoiding for years then again this is the guy the said he couldnt fight ggg because he was too small then fought someone bigger than ggg and didnt fight ggg til he was 35, the same guy who used ped's, the same guy who said no third ggg fight but fought him when he was 40, said he cant fight mexicans but fought chavez jr? how he has any fans is crazy to me
                Last edited by daggum; 01-29-2024, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  so 3 fights in a row hes gonna fight a guy moving up in weight, a guy moving up 2 weight classes, and a guy moving up 3 weight classes...while avoiding the same guy he has been avoiding for years then again this is the guy the said he couldnt fight ggg because he was too small then fought someone bigger than ggg and didnt fight ggg til he was 35, the same guy who used ped's, the same guy who said no third ggg fight but fought him when he was 40, said he cant fight mexicans but fought chavez jr? how he has any fans is crazy to me
                  Name the fighter that made it to the top that doesn't do this, its in every resume, only fans over look it when they are fan and bash it when they are hating, we have over a 100 yrs of boxing this is how it is with them all, it doesn't start there though with some it does but it pretty much finishers there down the home stretch.

The hate on fighters and the double standards fans have I don't comprehend, I must look at sport different than the average guy, well I actually look at them like racehorses and don't get emotional I just look at the performance like looking at horses with a stop watch at 3am, its has nothing to do with liking a horse its all about how he runs.

Comment

Pretty embarrassing if he does that.

He’s coming off a terrible fight, the fight before that was a gimme.

Now this? Hope not.

Comment

Working...
                    X