Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Eddie Hearn Method" is going to get a British boxer seriously hurt.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Eddie Hearn Method" is going to get a British boxer seriously hurt.

He needs to stop hyping up these domestic level guys and repeatedly throwing them in with elite level fighters in world title fights.

I've said it before that Hearn has completley killed the UK domestic level of boxing, now ANYONE who isn't a complete bum he's shoving on DAZN in the highest profile fights possible and it's just a sham.

John Ryder should be in BRITISH TITLE fights, not WORLD TITLE fights.

We just see these beatdowns all the time and these domestic level British guys cannot even be competetive at top level.

I'll say it again, the UK will have 2 or 3 fighters who are TRULY world level at any given time. But yet we will see British fighters in world title fights almost every week and it's ludicrous.

I get that Eddie is trying to sell DAZN subs but JFC this is getting old now.

Pit these guys against fighters their own level before there's a disaster and so that we get actually entertaining fights.

This is why we need ONE belt in each division, not 5 world champs in each division.

Comment

All the credit goes to Eddie Hearn for creating so many British Bums to be "world champions" and feed them to Canelo... Liam Smith, Rocky Fielding, Callum Smith, Billy Joe Saunders, John Ryder ....is Avni Yildirim British as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
        He needs to stop hyping up these domestic level guys and repeatedly throwing them in with elite level fighters in world title fights.

I've said it before that Hearn has completley killed the UK domestic level of boxing, now ANYONE who isn't a complete bum he's shoving on DAZN in the highest profile fights possible and it's just a sham.

We just see these beatdowns all the time and these domestic level British guys cannot even be competetive at top level.

I'll say it again, the UK will have 2 or 3 fighters who are TRULY world level at any given time. But yet we will see British fighters in world title fights almost every week and it's ludicrous.

Pit these guys against fighters their own level before there's a disaster and so that we get actually entertaining fights.
        Why would he need to stop doing that?

Fighters presumably want opportunities. Hearn seems to be getting them for his fighters.

It's his job.
        Smash Smash MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

Guys like John Ryder and Callum Smith have long surpassed the British title scene. Neither guy will want to go backwards and start making small money again. They're just not elite and that's ok. What you're describing isn't solely a Matchroom issue. Just look at Anthony Yarde's career. Yarde is also beyond domestic level, but he comes up short against the elite guys too. I'd like to see Smith/Yarde or Ryder/Chelli.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Guys like John Ryder and Callum Smith have long surpassed the British title scene. Neither guy will want to go backwards and start making small money again. They're just not elite and that's ok. What you're describing isn't solely a Matchroom issue. Just look at Anthony Yarde's career. Yarde is also beyond domestic level, but he comes up short against the elite guys too. I'd like to see Smith/Yarde or Ryder/Chelli.
            I agree with you. Elite guys are elite guys because they beat everybody else. being non-elite doesn`t mean you are bum or domestic level.

Comment

Bro, you need to learn how the boxing game works.

John Ryder will retire with a healthy bank balance and that is the first fundamental thing 99% of fighters care about.

In some cases the fighter is so talented that becoming a millionaire is almost a forgone conclusion so they may talk about legacy and searching for greatness, etc. from an early age.

The majority of fighters would want to secure their financial future first. Ryder put in a really good performance in the Callum Smith fight where a lot of people thought he won, Smith was a credible champion at the time.

That performance made him a credible opponent for Canelo as a stay busy fight, again did not disgrace himself.

And as a result of that he got the opportunity last night as he is a good reference point to build up Canelo fight.

He has made over $4 million for those 3 fights, life changing money. None of them blew him away, he is a solid fighter who can look after himself.

Dumb thread

Comment

Just the other day he was talking highly of British fighters
                Now this
                Smfh

Comment

He’s been ranked in the Top 5-10 in his weight class for years now so he’s not obviously not British level.

He’s just not elite.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
                    All the credit goes to Eddie Hearn for creating so many British Bums to be "world champions" and feed them to Canelo... Liam Smith, Rocky Fielding, Callum Smith, Billy Joe Saunders, John Ryder ....is Avni Yildirim British as well?
                    Forgot about Rocky Fielding lol. I don't blame my memory though. Nothing worth remembering about that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X