Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: William Zepeda vs. Maxi Hughes: IBF and WBA Eliminator, March 16 in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Love it, I’ve been calling for unified mandatories for years, would stop there being so many ****ty mandatories.
    Amen to that. I wonder if that means the winner of this fights the winner of Loma v Kambosos or what they're going to do about Tank with his secondary trinket.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Amen to that. I wonder if that means the winner of this fights the winner of Loma v Kambosos or what they're going to do about Tank with his secondary trinket.
      I’m assuming they get to choose which champion they face. Admittedly, unified mandatories work a lot better if there’s a unified champion​​​​​​.

Comment

Hughes is going to get beat up. He was robbed against Kambosos , now he gets to face a machine that throws punches. Dude must not be living right. I hope that it's a nice paycheck for him.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Yes, definitely a positive. Lennox Lewis called for this as far back as 2000!
          The last time I can recall (sure there have been many since) an eliminator being for multiple organizations was Hasim Rahman vs Kali Meehan… I think it may have been for 3 orgs… i will look it up to confirm…
          dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post

The last time I can recall (sure there have been many since) an eliminator being for multiple organizations was Hasim Rahman vs Kali Meehan… I think it may have been for 3 orgs… i will look it up to confirm…
            Tyson was ranked number one by all three sanctioning bodies going into the Ruddock rematch I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Tyson was ranked number one by all three sanctioning bodies going into the Ruddock rematch I believe.
              Rahman/Meehan was WBC/IBF… Klitschko vs Povetkin actually took care of the WBA/WBO mandatories as Povetkin was mandatory in both if i haven’t mistaken. I am looking at the Don King card that Rahman/Meehan was on. It is what i miss about HBO & old King Vision. Rahman/Meehan eliminator, Byrd defending IBF belt against Jameel McCline & main event was John Ruiz defending the WBA belt against Andrew Golota. I watched it on TSN as they often showed the HBO after dark & championship boxing on basic cable then like a week later Vitali Klitschko vs Danny Williams on PPV?
              Last edited by joe strong; 01-26-2024, 03:35 PM.
              dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

I love Maxi. He's a gamer and he's a very tricky, skilled boxer. I thought he was robbed against Kambosos but we all saw that coming.

​​​​​​I think Zepeda is all wrong for him unfortunately. Too much volume and power and I'm not sure Maxi can keep Zepeda off of him. I hope I'm wrong but I think Zepeda stops him late.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  I love Maxi. He's a gamer and he's a very tricky, skilled boxer. I thought he was robbed against Kambosos but we all saw that coming.

​​​​​​I think Zepeda is all wrong for him unfortunately. Too much volume and power and I'm not sure Maxi can keep Zepeda off of him. I hope I'm wrong but I think Zepeda stops him late.
                  Yeah I don't think the tricky **** works against a guy who throws non stop like Zepeda.
                  PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Zepeda is a war machine. Someone either has to make him miss a lot and make him pay with counters, or have sense disconnecting power, or have the same volume and engine. I'd love to also see him vs Matias some day. That could be a punch state mania.

Comment

PURO MÉXICO CABRONES Vamos camarón Zepeda
                      but I want camarón Fighting Shakur Stevenson or Gervonta Davis

Comment

Working...
                      X