Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on PBC-Amazon Deal: If Haymon Disproportionally Does PPVs, That's A Disaster For The Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
    If I didnt have so many financial responsibilities keeping my family alive, I'd have enough money for all these PPV's. But I don't. So I can't be buying them. PPV just seals off the best fights from me, so when I hear this is the model going forward I just have to say goodbye then. I thought I was good paying for Amazon Prime, and DAZN, but it's always, yeah you pay us money for a subscription to see some average $#!t, but you gotta pay lots more for each of the events you really want. It's depressing, and Im gonna be watching it illegally somehow.
    Completely agree.

People streaming gets a lot of criticism but, personally, I wouldn't take the chance of illegally streaming a fight I really wanted to see.

If it's 'so-so' then I'll take the chance of buffering or whatever.

For once, Arum is right. Boxing shouldn't be hiding big events behind a paywall. They should be accessible to casuals. The very biggest events are fair game - but there aren't too many of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
      Completely agree.

People streaming gets a lot of criticism but, personally, I wouldn't take the chance of illegally streaming a fight I really wanted to see.

If it's 'so-so' then I'll take the chance of buffering or whatever.

For once, Arum is right. Boxing shouldn't be hiding big events behind a paywall. They should be accessible to casuals. The very biggest events are fair game - but there aren't too many of them.
      Not gonna lie, when I heard PBC and Amazon got a deal I was fully expecting the same as Japan on how Amazon Prime members can get contents legally for free including boxing.

Is it a country/regional Amazon thing or PBC just being too greedy?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Obviously I mean that PBC had a stronger year in 2023.

They have many years of subpar matchups.

As does Bob Arum.
        All those TR fights you listed were 2022 though. Stevenson-Valdez, Beterbiev-Smith, Haney-Kambosos, all 2022. Then you said PBC had the better year- which in 2022 they definitely didn’t. Horrible year for PBC. Truly awful PPV’s like Ortiz vs Martin, Thurman vs Barrios, utter garbage.

You obviously got the years mixed up. 2023, no question, PBC really delivered getting Spence-Crawford and Tank-Garcia over the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
          Not gonna lie, when I heard PBC and Amazon got a deal I was fully expecting the same as Japan on how Amazon Prime members can get contents legally for free including boxing.

Is it a country/regional Amazon thing or PBC just being too greedy?
          I’d go with greed

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Some of you guys really gotta stop riding these fughin promotional outfits
            These guys are here to fugh us not to satisfy us
            You make it sound like you get a % , when these fights don’t even know of your existence
            Smfh
            Some of you guys really gotta stop being haters!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Some of you guys really gotta stop being haters!
              How much you make off them ?
              Uncle Al put food on your table ?
              Does he touch you in inappropriate ways ?
              Hate smfh

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

He put the fights together last year because Amazon was on the backburner aka negotiations which take several months. PBC is still a lost leader in the red zone. Maybe Amazon as a mature streaming service and it's 180 million subs is the ticket. We shall see.

This first should have made a splash.

Crawford vs Tim but they have Crawford on the sideline for what?
                Lara vs (Thurman or Garcia)
                Pitbull vs Jose Ramirez (Give GBP Romero in consideration for Jose and Ortiz Jr for Ennis in 2025 or early 2026 (other sports make these deals. it's time for boxing)

Yeah, he has Crawford Canelo and Cabbage Patch (like he is going to fight someone) so we'll see how this plays out
                Lara vs Garcia or Thurman is a far worse fight than Tzyu vs Thurman, but that’s me

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

How much you make off them ?
                  Uncle Al put food on your table ?
                  Does he touch you in inappropriate ways ?
                  Hate smfh
                  The NFL doesn't put food on my plate, but I'm a fan! The NBA doesn't put food on my plate, but I'm a fan! I'm a fan of great athletic performances! I give credit where credit is due! Thank You Al Haymon! F-k all the haters!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    The NFL doesn't put food on my plate, but I'm a fan! The NBA doesn't put food on my plate, but I'm a fan! I'm a fan of great athletic performances! I give credit where credit is due! Thank You Al Haymon! F-k all the haters!
                    Your not a fan but wtv
                    I’m sure uncle Al thanks your services
                    Godspeed

Comment

Working...
                    X