Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Believes Crawford Should Wait For Spence: Fighting Ennis Would Be Harder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
    ———
    Boots is 31-0. Bud seems to have no interest in fighting him.
    When Bud fought Avanesyan, Kavaliauskas, Khan and Brook, did we “find out what they were made of”? Would you say Khan was a legacy defining fight for Bud?
    I noticed you keep mentioning this, yet you never wondered why Boots never attempted to fight these guys, Kavaliauskas and Avanesyan. Two career welterweights just like Jaron. Bud started at 135 and fought these guys in his run at welter.

Avanesyan from my recollection made a good account of himself when he fought Shane Mosley and Lamont Peterson, so it's still a name even to this day. Kavaliauskas don't even need any introduction.

Boots should have fought these guys before Crawford did. Don't you think so?​

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrider View Post
      I noticed you keep mentioning this, yet you never wondered why Boots never attempted to fight these guys, Kavaliauskas and Avanesyan. Two career welterweights just like Jaron. Bud started at 135 and fought these guys in his run at welter.

Avanesyan from my recollection made a good account of himself when he fought Shane Mosley and Lamont Peterson, so it's still a name even to this day. Kavaliauskas don't even need any introduction.

Boots should have fought these guys before Crawford did. Don't you think so?​
      ————
      Undefeated prospects often times tend NOT to fight each other. They’ll fight a champion because they’ll make more money and the upside is the chance to dethrone the top dog.
      It’s the very reason fights like Haney vs Tank couldn’t happen three years ago. Or even Shakur vs Tank today.

If Kavaliauskas or Avanesyan were Given a chance to fight Boots or Bud, who do you think they’d fight?

Comment

Have the Saudi overlords expressed any interest in Crawfish and Boots ? About the only chance of us getting that fight.
        I think Tszyu will happen mid year when he runs over Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
          spence now that hes got rid of his cloudy eyes, had a good rest and doesnt have to make a killer weight will surely put a beating on bud like no other
          I admire your loyalty man but get real
          Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Take the easier fight...Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by DeryckAtlanta View Post

The Boots fight is intriguing because of the what if factor, nothing more. Boots is not dominating the division, he hasn't even fought a former welterweight champ. We would love to see what he is made of. You responded to that post about Crawford needing to do more for his legacy, Boots ain't it. Boots is a great fight for us, but terrible response to legacy defining fight. Boots and us are the only people that would benefit from that fight vs the rematch or a title fight at another weight.
              There's no one else out there for Crawford right now. Tzsyu is already locked in and we won't be seeing Jermell back at 154 again, I'm sure.

Is he just going to wait around?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

There's no one else out there for Crawford right now. Tzsyu is already locked in and we won't be seeing Jermell back at 154 again, I'm sure.

Is he just going to wait around?
                Not sure what he is going to do, and I agree with you that there isn't much else out there and would love to see this fight. I was just responding to the legacy comment, that Boots is not a legacy defining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                  ———
                  Boots is 31-0. Bud seems to have no interest in fighting him.
                  When Bud fought Avanesyan, Kavaliauskas, Khan and Brook, did we “find out what they were made of”? Would you say Khan was a legacy defining fight for Bud?
                  Obviously Khan was not legacy defining, but neither is Boots. You are going back in time and comparing past opponents to Boots. Khan was a name and former unified champion at 140. Brook was a name, former champion, and common opponent of Spence. Kava was a mandatory. Boots was not a conversation when these fights happened, strictly a prospect. Avanesyan was offered to him by BLK and apparently they also tried to make the Boots fight. All of these guys had world championship fights and were past the prospect phase. Boots is now a champion, but not only has he not fought a champion, he hasn't fought a guy ranked top 10 in the division. I would pick him against all of his contemporaries, but I would have a better gauge of his ability if he was in the ring with one of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X