Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryder: I Need To Beat Munguia To Continue My Career, A Loss Would Signal The End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryder: I Need To Beat Munguia To Continue My Career, A Loss Would Signal The End

British super middleweight contender John Ryder admits that his career is likely over if he loses to Jaime Munguia this Saturday night in Phoenix, Arizona. Munguia (42-0, 33KOs) is coming off a grueling Fight of The Year decision victory over Sergiy Derevyanchenko.
    [Click Here To Read More]

One foot out the door often means the other one will be pushed out the door.
    Zaroku Zaroku Hitmon Hitmon like this.

Comment

This is it for him when it comes to big fights. If he wins he will get a shot at something else if he loses he simply becomes a name in a resume.
      Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Hope he goes b@lls out in this fight and fully exposes Jaime

Comment

I think he's got a decent shot at beating Munguia in the eyes of an unbiased jury.

They have been building Munguia's record up for a big payout. It's going to take a lot to derail that train. I don't think a close win for Ryder is possible, he'll need to dominate like Bivol did Canelo to get the nod.
          PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Even just saying that "losing a fight would signal the end", is actually signaling the end...
            Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

he will not win on the cards. not with a canelo-mungia fight coming soon. oh well just look shocked when and if you are robbed. play along

Comment

Ryde right over that overhyped can crusher, Johnny Boy!

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  I think he's got a decent shot at beating Munguia in the eyes of an unbiased jury.

They have been building Munguia's record up for a big payout. It's going to take a lot to derail that train. I don't think a close win for Ryder is possible, he'll need to dominate like Bivol did Canelo to get the nod.
                  That's the thing, Ryder always gives an honest hardworking effort even when outclassed. I don't think he's outclassed in this one, but he will most likely have to be dominant to get a decision and I doubt he has the pop to stop Munguia within the distance.

Golden Boy has invested some effort to maintain that "0" on Jamie's record, they will try to ensure it isn't blemished by the likes of Ryder prior to that cash-out.

Comment

Ryder will have to knock out Munguia to get a draw!

Comment

Working...
                    X