Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matias: The Best 140 Is Here - Not Teofimo, P-ssy; No Ryan; No Haney, Chicken; No Rolly, He's A Joker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murray Kelm View Post
    Problem is that Matias is 5 and 6 years older than Teo and Haney, they can play the waiting game with him hoping to age him out.
    The problem is Teo and Haney are not in the same PBC island as Matias. Different promoters don't get along well.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

My thoughts too. I think Haney puts in ear plugs to disregard all the boos coming from the audience as he coasts to a boring UD.

Teo gives Matias a better chance, but that's because Teo can be hit and does elect to trade more so. Though Teo can fall back to decent boxing ability if he needs to in order to tame the beast. Whether that helps him get the KO or just a decision, I'm not sure. Matias has shown a real solid chin so far. Though Teo has a better chance of an out of no where KO than Matias. Matias seems to have to really keep ****ing away on your body to put you away. I highly doubt Teo would let Matias get in enough punishment to do that to him.
      The thing about fighters relying too much on their chin is that once they face someone with serious power their chins give in. Joe Joyce is a recent example. I believe that Teo has the boxing skills and power to knock him out. Haney will not only jab his face to a mess but can hurt him too. Haney seems to have much more power at 140. I have seen him hurt by Ananyan who is not a big puncher. He hasn't faced anyone at Haney's and Teo's level. I guess SM are giving him too much confidence but if he faces these two he will get a reality check IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
        Lol Teo will chin Matias. Teo gets no respect on here but he’s got the best resume of anyone 135 to 140. Matias got beat by some no name a couple years ago he can be beat if u don’t stand there and let him beat on u. His defense also a bit lacking Teo would use his head as a speed bag. I like Matias to take out garcia tho. I got him 3rd in the div behind Teo and haney
        Matias was mentally off against Ananyan ,because he literraly killed a guy his last fight and just has no will to be there but in the rematch he put himself together. I don't say that Teo can't KO Subriel but do belive opposite is more possible.

Comment

I want to see him beat up on Ramirez.
          agueybana agueybana likes this.

Comment

It's the weirdest thing but I notice that guys at 140 are all calling out one another, but NO ONE at 140 EVER says, I wanna fight Gary Antuanne Russell. I never heard that from Devin, Teofimo, Ryan, Matias, His name might as well be Invisible Gary...

Comment

Matias is a KO waiting to happen. Not sure who at 140 can do it but his style doesn't age well. It's all good until it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Subriel Matias is officially free to choose the opponent of his liking for his next title defense. Who chooses to face him, however, remains a very short list. The reigning IBF junior welterweight titlist continues to challenge his fellow divisional title holders and top players. Matias
                [Click Here To Read More]
                People making a big deal out of this silly nonsense.

Why is this guy acting as it's a walk in the park to make these fights happen? Will Teo, Haney, Cruz fight on a PBC card and accept B side status? No way in hell.

What I like to hear from this guy is announce that he is willing to leave PBC and can fight them on their respective platforms. These fights are not large enough to justify cross promotional deals. Otherwise, I'm not taking these silly articles seriously.

Comment

Teofimo López vs Matías at MSG this summer!
                  Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

Comment

Matias is calling for a fight with some of the biggest names in the division. Who else is doing that? A champ, calling out fellow champs! Let's go!
                    Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

Comment

Blocking punches with your face against elite fighters isn’t ideal. Teo will put him in an ICU. I’m not kidding.

Comment

Working...
                      X