No announcement yet.

Please....Stop Rewriting History Rebuttal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Mosley was not prime or even close to. The facts outweigh the theories. I'd have to question whether you watched Mosley in his prime or your ability to judge a fighter if you think 2010 was the best of Mosley.

Look at some of his fights around 2000/2001 and see the difference to the one who struggled and looked like **** against a washed up Mayorga. The fact he went 8-5-1 (with the second Oscar win highly debatable) kind of shows he wasn't at his best anymore.
    no one said mosley was best mosley

but he was still considered fine....

he beat the boogeyman and had the hottest fighter in the game scared(pac) and rocked Floyd twice.....till then he people feeling him...then the last 8 rounds happened

Comment

chris...don't change man...you are great

I love how hard you try to disguise your fanboyism....that's the difference...most of us don't care but you go to great lengths to mask and disguise it..in fact I think you actually believe your own BS....

youre out here acting like margarito wasn't the boogeyman "well paul Williams and Daniel santos don't think so"

cept everyone else insisted he was......you are in denial and try to hard to hide it and deny it...which makes it even more sad imo

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        no one said mosley was best mosley

but he was still considered fine....

he beat the boogeyman and had the hottest fighter in the game scared(pac) and rocked Floyd twice.....till then he people feeling him...then the last 8 rounds happened
        Actually I've seen plenty of Floyd fans say it was his best. Including in this thread. Not sure how scared Pacquaio was of him. Pacquaio never struck me as a guy scared of other fighters. I think he was delusional enough to believe he could beat anyone back then (remember he said he agree he was the best ever). Margarito wasn't really the "boogeyman" was he? Only Floyd turned down a fight with him. Williams, Santos beat him, Cotto was lighting him up (probably took a lot out of him) and Clottey was schooling him until his hand went.

I think Mosley from the late 90's until the Forrest fights happened looked like a potentially great fighter. After that he was more hot than cold. That is undeniable. There is compelling evidence in his performances even some of the wins.

Comment

chris...don't change man...you are great

I love how hard you try to disguise your fanboyism....that's the difference...most of us don't care but you go to great lengths to mask and disguise it..in fact I think you actually believe your own BS....

youre out here acting like margarito wasn't the boogeyman "well paul Williams and Daniel santos don't think so"

cept everyone else insisted he was......you are in denial and try to hard to hide it and deny it...which makes it even more sad imo
          Who am I being a fan of here?

Comment

Actually I've seen plenty of Floyd fans say it was his best. Including in this thread. Not sure how scared Pacquaio was of him. Pacquaio never struck me as a guy scared of other fighters. I think he was delusional enough to believe he could beat anyone back then (remember he said he agree he was the best ever). Margarito wasn't really the "boogeyman" was he? Only Floyd turned down a fight with him. Williams, Santos beat him, Cotto was lighting him up (probably took a lot out of him) and Clottey was schooling him until his hand went.

I think Mosley from the late 90's until the Forrest fights happened looked like a potentially great fighter. After that he was more hot than cold. That is undeniable. There is compelling evidence in his performances even some of the wins.
            chris...how many times do we have to go over "when someone is called scared it don't mean they literally are....but maybe their trainers and managers are"???

shane walked right into wild card and roach told him "if you can make 143"...."but you fought Oscar at 147"....."youre not Oscar"...its on video

Floyd would have fought him but arum wouldn't guarantee him a lousy 6 mil more in guarantees, total, for hatton and cotto fights....arum let Floyd buy himself out over some relative peanuts....arum actually said Floyd agreed to fight margarito if bob would guarantee those fights after

Comment

Who am I being a fan of here?
              being a fanboy isn't exclusive to talking up a fighter......I figured you were smart enough to realize that.....talking down on guys in order to make others appear weaker is also part of "fanboyism"...but like I said...you try hard to disguise it

Comment

chris...how many times do we have to go over "when someone is called scared it don't mean they literally are....but maybe their trainers and managers are"???

shane walked right into wild card and roach told him "if you can make 143"...."but you fought Oscar at 147"....."youre not Oscar"...its on video

Floyd would have fought him but arum wouldn't guarantee him a lousy 6 mil more in guarantees, total, for hatton and cotto fights....arum let Floyd buy himself out over some relative peanuts....arum actually said Floyd agreed to fight margarito if bob would guarantee those fights after
                You said this "he beat the boogeyman and had the hottest fighter in the game scared(pac)"
                Nowhere did you clarify it wasn't Pacquaio. So can you see how one would interpret that as you claiming Pacquaio was the one scared?

Wasn't Wilder's avoidance of a Klit fight more recent than this (2015 vs. 2010) but you said that (3 years ago) was too long ago to even discuss because Klit is retired (isn't Mosley?)?

Bottom line is that Floyd didn't fight him. He said because he had too many losses but he accepted less money for Baldomir (who had more losses). Anyway, I don't care about that. Margarito wasn't all that good IMO. I don't even know if I'd have watched a Mayweather-Margarito fight to be honest.

Comment

being a fanboy isn't exclusive to talking up a fighter......I figured you were smart enough to realize that.....talking down on guys in order to make others appear weaker is also part of "fanboyism"...but like I said...you try hard to disguise it
                  I'm not ashamed to admit I am a fan of the following :-

Juan Manuel Marquez
                  Rafael Marquez
                  Felix Trinidad
                  Vasyl Lomachenko
                  Terence Crawford
                  Juan Francisco Estrada
                  Kostya Tszyu
                  Joe Calzaghe

Those are fighters I've paid to see multiple times (well, Tszyu once only) and even traveled to see. So not a "fan boy", probably more of a real fan than most. I was a big fan of James Toney, Ricardo Lopez, and Mark Johnson too but unfortunately was a little too young to go see them fight live.

Why would me saying Mosley wasn't anywhere near his best in 2010 pertain to any of those fighters?

You are one of the biggest fanboys on the forum so ironic you of all people pointing the finger.

Comment

You said this "he beat the boogeyman and had the hottest fighter in the game scared(pac)"
                    Nowhere did you clarify it wasn't Pacquaio. So can you see how one would interpret that as you claiming Pacquaio was the one scared?

Wasn't Wilder's avoidance of a Klit fight more recent than this (2015 vs. 2010) but you said that (3 years ago) was too long ago to even discuss because Klit is retired (isn't Mosley?)?

Bottom line is that Floyd didn't fight him. He said because he had too many losses but he accepted less money for Baldomir (who had more losses). Anyway, I don't care about that. Margarito wasn't all that good IMO. I don't even know if I'd have watched a Mayweather-Margarito fight to be honest.
                    chris...didn't we discuss it already? at the risk redundancy?

didn't I say I didn't think AJ was actually scared but that his promoter was? same thing man....I even gave you the story and theres a video of shane and roach confirming it.......

actually didn't Floyd make $1 more fighting baldomir? I think he made it a point to be made $1 more for that fight as an F you to arum

I agree...margarito wasn't that good and Floyd would have dominated him

arum did confirm exactly why Floyd turned the fight down....bob actually said nice things originally when Floyd bought out...cause arum thought Floyd would use TR the way he used golden boy...when he started using golden boy bob flipped...lol

Comment

Mosley was calling out Floyd at 135 and Floyd refused. Then, when Mosley asked Floyd for a one month extension to make a fight so his tooth could heal, Floyd refused--and to add insult to the matter tried to spin it in such a way as to say Shane ducked him because of a toothache. Typical Floyd. This is why Manny went on and fought him with an injured shoulder. He knew he would get the Mosley treatment if he asked to post-pone the fight and then there would be no fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X