Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant On Jermall Charlo's Win Over Jose Benavidez Jr: "It's Not Like I Was Super Impressed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as there's a chance of facing Canelo without taking any risk, that's the path Charlo will likely take. Probably another blown up welter, Victor Ortiz anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      As long as there's a chance of facing Canelo without taking any risk, that's the path Charlo will likely take. Probably another blown up welter, Victor Ortiz anyone?
      Is there any real chance though that Canelo would fight him? based on what exactly? beating a welter? holding the WBC 160lb title hostage for 2 years? Looking mediocre against Montiel the last real MW he fought? Being the worse fighter of his twin duo?

You'd really think he'd be very eager to put Plant in his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

Is there any real chance though that Canelo would fight him? based on what exactly? beating a welter? holding the WBC 160lb title hostage for 2 years? Looking mediocre against Montiel the last real MW he fought? Being the worse fighter of his twin duo?

Back in October, after Canelo shut down Jermell, Jermall was talking that talk.

Canelo still has 2 PBC fights left. I believe Benevidez will be the 3rd, who besides Jermall for the second?

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Right, but Jose Jr hadn't slapped him around and stolen his manhood in front of the world.
          Yes, I get it all that. It's a fight that Mall Charlo says he wants and it's a fight that Caleb Plant said he wants also. So, I am confident that the two should get it on sometime in 2024.

However, ultimately, it would come down to how the WBC sanctioning body rule. I don't know. Unless, Charlo is willing to vacate 160 and start campaigning at 168; Then he would be forced to fight his mandatory challenger in Carlos Adames next.​

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

Back in October, after Canelo shut down Jermell, Jermall was talking that talk.

Canelo still has 2 PBC fights left. I believe Benevidez will be the 3rd, who besides Jermall for the second?

Ideally whoever is ranked behind Benavidez should Canelo fight him and win, maybe Morrell.

Comment

Ideally whoever is ranked behind Benavidez should Canelo fight him and win, maybe Morrell.
              Morrell is with PBC? Maybe something could be worked out but it sounds complicated.

Comment

That's Canelo' amo though.

He's scavenger, not a hunter.

He only goes where he sees numerous frailties, and if he don't, he creates them by rehydration clauses and catchweights.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post

I'm sure that Charlo is grateful that he was able to step in a ring again. I'm also sure he's not worried about the next time it will be, and that's okay.

Let him enjoy his return, and I'm sure he'll fight Plant on the Canelo undercard in May.
                  I'm not so sure, only because he's not out here DEMANDING that fight!

TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    Yes, I get it all that. It's a fight that Mall Charlo says he wants and it's a fight that Caleb Plant said he wants also. So, I am confident that the two should get it on sometime in 2024.

However, ultimately, it would come down to how the WBC sanctioning body rule. I don't know. Unless, Charlo is willing to vacate 160 and start campaigning at 168; Then he would be forced to fight his mandatory challenger in Carlos Adames next.​
                    He didn't make 160 agains Benavidez, so he probably is done at MW. More money and legacy to be had moving up.
                    champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

He didn't make 160 agains Benavidez, so he probably is done at MW. More money and legacy to be had moving up.
                      I agree.

Comment

Working...
                      X