Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Deontay Wilder Knocks Anthony Joshua Spark Out in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This post reeks of naivete!!! This is boxing, anything can happen. Real boxing fans, not fan boys, know that that fight is a 50/50 fight depending on who lands first.

Both fighters have very weak chins. Very weak in the HWD. Wilder has never fought a great puncher who always lands like Joshua. Fury and Ortiz are not great punchers, compared to Joshua, and they wobbled him, not to talk of Joshua.

Joshua, on the other hand, has been wobbled and defeated three times by boxers who do not hit as hard as Deontay. For me, it is a great fight and a test of chins between two great punchers of their era

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Who are all these fighters who Joshua has beaten that earns him your lofty praise.

Caution: Please dont use Whyte. Too young and was a novice like Joshua was. Both would improve later. Please don't say Klitschko. He was aced by Fury and retired. Not Molina, Breazeale or Helenius; all three pick Wilder early. Parker? He's up next for Wilder. Ruiz, Usyk? Losses for Joshua.

Help me out here.
      Please tell us all the Champions that Deontay Wilder has beated in the past
      I'll wait.....

Comment

I could see it happening especially if Joshua is tentative. 2 of my all time favourite fighters could only wish they had Joshua’s power & arsenal. Francois Botha & Neven Pajkic would always stand in the middle of the ring trading bombs even though they were heavily outgunned most nights. They were fearless & could take a punch. What they lacked in power they made up for with heart & grit. If only Joshua had that same metal toughness. He has never been the same since he lost his “0”. Still has a decent resume but there are a few holes. What is his best win? Povetkin or a 41 year old Wladimir Klitschko? Ruiz rematch? Parker?
        Last edited by joe strong; 12-04-2023, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Josh can last distances with usyk. Wilder can't last 12 rounds with fury. So Josh should be Wilder s daddy

Comment

Carl was a great fighter and an ATG. But my god is he pathetic as a person. All this because AJ wanted to go with another trainer.

Only backwards people and desperate weirdo's take any notice of him. He, and those who think this nonsense has any value or is said with any rational thought behind it, are there to be laughed at.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Franklin pushed Whyte, could of been given the win 'And that was when he was training part time'.

Moving on from the Whyte fight, Jermaine Franklin was 22 pounds lighter for his fight vs Joshua. 'Joshua won 95% of the rounds, and won the fight easy without getting out of 2nd gear'.

Joshua's two loses to Usyk were competitive especially the second fight 'Wilder in comparison was ****** out by Tyson Fury in their 3rd fight. ****** out by a fighter in Fury who has never been rated as a monster puncher'.

The third Wilder vs Fury fight, was skill for skill the worst fight out of the trilogy 'Both fighters were a mess, and all over the place technically. Great passion competition between Wilder and Fury, but in terms of pure boxing? It was not a high level fight'.

Anthony Joshua whether it be his two fights vs Usyk, or his two comeback fights 'Has been performing at a higher level than Wilder'.

Note: In my opinion Wilder has more to prove in his up and coming fight than Joshua 'Joshua has been here before, he has beaten the most top level fighters at Heavyweight out of the top-4 fighters during his career' etc.
              "Wilder has more to prove in his up and coming fight than Joshua" - Although I believe that Wilder is going to get a major kayo against Joshua, I do agree that he has more to prove. With the exception of Fury, who had Wilder's number, Joshua has fought the better fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                If Deontay could KO Joshua in one round - why did Wilder run away from Dillian Whyte for 2 solid years, and pretty much everyone else in the top-10??

We might find out in this Parker fight...

Don't buy it the one round KO. Joshua is a good boxer. He has had a poor chin his whole career. I do favor Wilder to win - because he is fast and *always* lands but it won't be easy. Especially not if there is 2 or 3 fight deal. *One* of those fights Deontay might end it quickly but not all of them and AJ hits hard too.
                Whyte was never in the mix, he's a domestic level fighter no one is running from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dare7 View Post
                  I disagree Froch, If AJ fights the way he fights with his old style then it will end in round one with Wilder deleting AJ coz that AJ never cared about defense. He just goes for offense. However with this cautious style with mix up of some cojones he will neutralize Wilder and stun him with good shot.
                  I believe when AJ finally fights Deontay Wilder, he should invest in the body and also launch some uppercuts.
                  Wilder not only doesn't have any opponent of value he's knocked out in the first round, but is someone who has zero defence and no skill. But AJ is the one in danger here? Haha.

No wonder boxing is a cesspit with logic like this. It's more intelligent to f3ck my nostrils with a fat carrot.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

I can't include Joshua among a top 10 since the 80s. I'd pick Oliver McCall, Ray Mercer, David Tua, Rid**** Bowe, and Ike Ibeabuci to knock him out. I'd pick Michael Spinks, Roy Jones, and James Toney to outpoint him. Even John Ruiz might beat him.
                    AJ is the one you have a problem with, not the bum who is the most mentally weak coward and fraud boxing has ever seen in Wilder? Haha. AJ must be a someone of great substance to you for you to be this extreme and put yourself out there in this way in humiliating fashion.

As for the names you've put here. AJ would violate Toney, Jones, Spinks, Ruiz etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                      If Deontay could KO Joshua in one round - why did Wilder run away from Dillian Whyte for 2 solid years, and pretty much everyone else in the top-10??

We might find out in this Parker fight...

Don't buy it the one round KO. Joshua is a good boxer. He has had a poor chin his whole career. I do favor Wilder to win - because he is fast and *always* lands but it won't be easy. Especially not if there is 2 or 3 fight deal. *One* of those fights Deontay might end it quickly but not all of them and AJ hits hard too.
                      What I would like to see is Fury Beat Usyk and then Widler beat Joshua. I would hope there would not be rematch clauses so we could then have a Usyk Wilder fight as well as a Joshua Fury Fight.
                      Last edited by OldTerry; 12-04-2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X