Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some being but in tough, others put in way too light on 12/23!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some being but in tough, others put in way too light on 12/23!

Speaking strictly about the Heavyweights on this massive card set for Riyadh on the 23rd.
    Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua are fighting for their lives in the game. Wilder takes on the Ring's no. 5, the always game Joseph Parker. Anthony Joshua is up against slick boxing Otto Wallin, the Ring's no. 10.

Sure, we expect Wilder and Joshua to prevail, and more onto their long awaited transatlantic war; but they are in TOUGH.

Underneath them, recently scarred Daniel Dubois and comebacking Big Baby Miller is a pick em' for anyone paying attention; and big Arslanbek Makhmudov should have his hands full against sleeper Agit Kabayel in a step up fight.

And then, you have two of the "Most Feared" contenders in the game being inexplicably PUT IN LIGHT.
    SUPER LIGHT.
    And that annoys me. What about you?

It's a great card. Very old timey the way its stacked with the best in the weight class.

But come on now!!!!
    Fearsome Frank Sanchez. We hear that a lot; but we aren't going to get much out of a quick KO of once hyped Junior Fa, who last summer got blasted in under a round by....Lucas Browne!
    At least give the fight to Browne.

If that isn't enough to piss you off; what's Filip Hrgovic doing fighting Mark De Mori????
    A nice guy by all accounts, but BoxRec ranked no. 289 after winning 11 straight following a 1st round blitzing by ...David Haye...in 2016.

Shame on those two.
    Credit to the others.

Given this event wasn't even planned until after 28th October, I have no real complaints. The handlers of those contenders/prospects may have argued their guy wasn't preparing for a big test so may have ended up not participating at all. This is a showcase for those lower down the card, they have to step up next time around though, no excuses.

Comment

Sanchez and Hrgovic should be in against each other on a card this huge. Seen them both beat enough lower level heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
        Sanchez and Hrgovic should be in against each other on a card this huge. Seen them both beat enough lower level heavyweights.
        If I'm Hrogvic's manager I don't put him in there with anybody with a pulse. He's an awful fighter with a title shot in hand. Cash him out before he gets destroyed.

Comment

I don't know if Sanchez and Hrgovic are in a position to pick their own opponents. Sanchez especially would probably prefer a big name has to take what he can get.

If we're being honest, while it's great to see so many top HWs in action on the same night, only Dubois-Miller is hard to predict. The rest all involve a guy who has been picked because he's not too much of a threat.

Comment

For Wilder, he gets a still young, # 5 Ring ranked Parker, who's coming off one of his top career performances.
            For Joshua, he's getting a prime, # 10 Ring ranked Wallin, who is at or near the level of the two fighters who've beaten Joshua.
            Both will have to be in top form in order to shine.

Sanchez and Hrgovic are getting walk overs.
            Boooo.​

Comment

It's a HW event they all suck ass no skill big clumsy sloppy.

Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                It's a HW event they all suck ass no skill big clumsy sloppy.

Nuff said.
                I take it you don't appreciate the big boys?

Comment

Working...
                X