Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker: "I Respect Wilder But He's In My Way, I'm Here To Win!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody is really taking a right hand from Wilder that lands clean.

So Parker must think he had to knock Wilder out himself.

He tired against Joyce after a 4 pretty good rounds - could Wilder take the same kind of shots that Joyce took? I think so. Wilder is a tough man. Either way Wilder is gonna line him up at some point.

Parker is not gonna knock Wilder out going backwards either. To land that sort of bingo punch he's gonna have to punch with Wilder and catch him between something wild.

Parker will definitely try I think but im struggling to see it. Unless Wilder just doesn't respect him at all.

It is interesting but the bookies will have Wilder as a prohibitive favourite for sure and rightfully so.

Dubois and Miller seems the only genuine 50/50 fight to me.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-30-2023, 07:33 PM.
    Vanchi73 Vanchi73 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post
      Wilders propensity to be outboxed for large portion of a fight, easy to hit, questionable chin and Parker having a decent chin and some ability makes this arguably THE most compelling fight on the card, IMO the only compelling fight on the card.
      I was curious about this, because the Wilder hate tends to lead to some false narratives.

Turns out, of his 43 fights that didn't involve Fury, he's only ever been behind on the cards at the time of winning the fight by stoppage one time, in the second fight against Ortiz. He was tied on two cards and ahead on the other at the time of stoppage in the Washington fight. Every other fight that didn't involve Tyson Fury, he either won on points, or was winning on points at the time he knocked them out.

I don't think he's a particularly skilled guy, but you generally don't have to be in the modern heavyweight division, and while he's technically deficient in many ways, he's very good at setting up that right hand, and since that scores the knockdown when he does, chances are he's going to be ahead on points.
      Vanchi73 Vanchi73 likes this.

Comment

As with every other Wilder fight, if he lands the right cleanly, he probably wins.

Parker is the best boxer Wilder has fought outside of Fury. He knows how to move away from the right and negate it. Wilder is a trash boxer, and mentally he will never be the same guy he was pre Fury.

I think a Parker late TKO is possible, most likely Parker UD, with always the possibility Wilder lands the big shot and Parker is unable to continue.
        Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 11-30-2023, 07:58 PM.
        HugeEuge HugeEuge likes this.

Comment

No doubt Wilder still has that power but I don't think he has the chin anymore. We'll see.

I reckon Parker is gonna clean Wilders clock and call time on windmill's career.

Hope AJ beats Wallin to set up a rematch with Parker for a shot at the straps once Usyk and Fury have fished their pissing contest and retire to scatter the belts once again.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
            No doubt Wilder still has that power but I don't think he has the chin anymore. We'll see.

I reckon Parker is gonna clean Wilders clock and call time on windmill's career.

Hope AJ beats Wallin to set up a rematch with Parker for a shot at the straps once Usyk and Fury have fished their pissing contest and retire to scatter the belts once again.
            If Wilder loses to Parker ,Joshua will fight Hrgovic.

Parker puts himself in the WBC contention , Joshua will have no interest in Parker if he has the IBF belt possibly up for grabs .

Comment

Originally posted by wildman View Post
              Parker looks great against mediocre opposition, but against someone dangerous he will just try to survive.
              Parker did everything to beat Joyce but his lackluster power and Joyce's chin ruined the fight for him. Parker also did decent against AJ and beat a live Ruiz Jr.
              BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

I don't know if Parker has a heart.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

If Wilder loses to Parker ,Joshua will fight Hrgovic.

Parker puts himself in the WBC contention , Joshua will have no interest in Parker if he has the IBF belt possibly up for grabs .
                  Why fight Hrgy ? He doesn't have a belt and brings no money.

A rematch with Parker in the U.K makes oodles!
                  HugeEuge HugeEuge likes this.

Comment

Looking forward to a good fight. Wilder, Joshua and Parker are all dramatically down from their prime, so anything can happen

Comment

I think one Wilder bomb and it's over.

Comment

Working...
                      X