Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Not Critical Of Stevenson's Performance: "He Got A Belt, He Got His Check, It's A Good Day"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shakur trying to put on his tough face lol

when he goes home he doesnt play with his little sis no more incase she knocks him out
    TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

when i see those 4 lined up, i see 4 0's, u gota keep that 0 and your fans can say noone beat u

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
        He doesn't owe anyone an exciting performance any more than he's owed an audience. I don't understand the anger, just skip his next fight and do something else. I skipped loads of Mayweather fights because I had no motivation to stay up half the night and watch him bore his way to a points victory over a succession of B fighters, as he did 2010 - 2015.
        4 hall of famers took Ls to him in that span.

Mosley 2010
        Cotto 2012
        Canelo 2013
        Pacquiao 2015
        Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

You’re part of the problem, Ward. No wonder Shakur’s ego is so inflated and is beyond arrogant. Stop telling him that he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread, and start pointing out things that he needs to polished in order for him to get to the level everyone think he can get to. Shakur has all the tools to be an ATG, he simply doesn’t know how to put it all together yet. The main problem with Shakur is that he thinks he knows it all and he’s already the GOAT.

Comment

Shakur be like: “No disrespect to such and such, but I feel like I’m the greatest thing since sliced bread”

Comment

This sneaky little writer failed to mention Ward is Shakur's manager, something conveniently left out while Ward was still commentating Shakur's fights.
              TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Some fights you have to impress and there are fights where you just have to win.

I won good money when he knocked out Yoshino so Im cool with Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Andre Ward has always been there for Shakur Stevenson. The Hall of Famer was in the building on the night Stevenson won his first world title. He was also there when Stevenson unified the super featherweight division against Oscar Valdez. So, unsurprisingly, Ward sauntered into Stevenson's locker room earlier this month as he began wrapping his hands prior to his showdown with Edwin De Los Santos.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  It is a good day for him, not for the fans. Some people just are biased and don't have common sense. Bad combination if you're a tv commentator, O used to like him.
                  Last edited by garfios; 11-28-2023, 11:29 AM.

Comment

When Demetrius Andrade kept turning in boring performances and people said the same thing, some dismissed it. But his low entertainment style meant he never built a big fanbase, which made him an unattractive choice for the top guys, and we see how his career worked out. Ward himself could've been a big star if his style was more exciting.

I rate Stevenson highly and some of his fights are good to watch but he needs to bring the entertainment more often. It's not as easy as fans expect, most guys can't just flip a switch and go into Mike Tyson mode. But over multiple training camps he should be working on his offense and inside game, on counter punching instead of just moving out of range. TR should match him up with aggressive guys who bring a high tempo. If you force Stevenson into a dogfight I think we'll see that side of him, but he's not going to take those risks otherwise.
                    Last edited by Clegg; 11-28-2023, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Honestly, Crawford doesn't belong in the picture with those three coward and specially with Andre Coward. For his running style it was that I wasn't a fan of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X