Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Not Critical Of Stevenson's Performance: "He Got A Belt, He Got His Check, It's A Good Day"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a good picture actually, u got 3 ATG's, GOATS all 3 of the according to their fans??, plus one yappy dog
    Teetotaler69 Teetotaler69 likes this.

Comment

these types of ppl are what put boxing in position it is now. the getting paid for boring fans away from the sport like they have done for last 15 years or so is close to being done. no viewers. no overpayment
      dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

His stock and popularity is in the toilet bowl
        TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          When Demetrius Andrade kept turning in boring performances and people said the same thing, some dismissed it. But his low entertainment style meant he never built a big fanbase, which made him an unattractive choice for the top guys, and we see how his career worked out. Ward himself could've been a big star if his style was more exciting.

I rate Stevenson highly and some of his fights are good to watch but he needs to bring the entertainment more often. It's not as easy as fans expect, most guys can't just flip a switch and go into Mike Tyson mode. But over multiple training camps he should be working on his offense and inside game, on counter punching instead of just moving out of range. TR should match him up with aggressive guys who bring a high tempo. If you force Stevenson into a dogfight I think we'll see that side of him, but he's not going to take those risks otherwise.
          Shakur can't just fight pressure fighters his whole career. There's two at LW that I can think of: Cruz and Zepeda. Then you have Matias at 140. Pressure fighters are not in abundance at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

4 hall of famers took Ls to him in that span.

Mosley 2010
            Cotto 2012
            Canelo 2013
            Pacquiao 2015
            What's your point?

Comment

I find it incredible that Shakur has an off night and catches such hate. He has skills and has a long career to go. He stopped his opponent before this fight.

I could see the amount of insults and negativity if he goes another couple fights and looks that way.....maybe we should all wait and see how his career plays out? FFS.

On a side note, Ward should probably stay quiet. No one likes him, his career is massively overrated and he was dirty as all hell. Shakur doesn't need Andre apologizing for him. It lumps Shakur in with Ward and that is not a good spot.
              Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 11-28-2023, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Of course, Ward's not going to blast his boy. Hell, he probably taught him some of the moves we saw against De Los Santos.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
                  I find it incredible that Shakur has an off night and catches such hate. He has skills and has a long career to go. He stopped his opponent before this fight.

I could see the amount of insults and negativity if he goes another couple fights and looks that way.....maybe we should all wait and see how his career plays out? FFS.
                  He looked like Stevenson was reluctant to engage because De Los Santos was as athletic and as fast as him, with power. The only thing is, Edwin didn't look very eager to engage either.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post

its only the alts of floyd ward and crawford who had to sit through it live after that big build up & walkout

Comment

Andre Ward selling boxing out by defending that garbage. Disgrace to the utmost. Like I said before, THANK GOD Shakur didn’t come in with the Puerto Rican flag on. We don’t need that TRASH boxing style representing our island’s glorious boxing history. Stay African American, bro. Come back when you’re fully Puerto Rican inside the ring. #GoAway #BootlegMachoCamacho
                      TonyRespectful TonyRespectful likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X