Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here actually believe fury lost the ngannou fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here actually believe fury lost the ngannou fight?

i rewatched the fight again. I had it 6-4. Besides the last couple of rounds and the knock down round ngannou wasn't landing much. He was walking in and and getting outjabbed and out landed by fury. People are just giving ngannou every round they can because he's an mma fighter. NGANNOU is lucky fury has no power and slaps his shots. It shows how weak this hw era is.
    Last edited by satiev1; 11-28-2023, 02:56 AM.
    Gaston Gaston likes this.

To be honest I haven't rewatched it, on the night I thought Ngannou had edged it but it was close enough that if Fury got the decision it wouldn't offend me, and that's what happened.

I agree Ngannou had long spells of inactivity in the fight, if it wasn't for the knockdown it would have just gone down as a very dull but clear points win by fury.

But that aside, it was an unacceptably bad performance by fury, I can accept Ngannou being stronger and hitting harder than they expected, but for Fury to not have an assertive plan B to go to was not acceptable.

It became obvious fury would need to box on the back foot but he was too fat and out of shape to be able to do it impressively.

​​​​​
    MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

Fury won that fight. Look at all the right hands he landed. Replace him with an in-shape AJ and Wilder bc they won't play around in a fat camp.

Lets stop the nonsense. Wilder puts Ngann thru the ropes like Bhop and Conlan

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        i rewatched the fight again. I had it 8-4. Besides the last couple of rounds and the knock down round ngannou wasn't landing much. He was walking in and and getting outjabbed and out landed by fury. People are just giving ngannou every round they can because he's an mma fighter. NGANNOU is lucky fury has no power and slaps his shots. It shows how weak this hw era is.
        you had it 8 rounds to 4 it was a 10 round fight

Comment

How did you score rounds 11 and 12?

Comment

You can make an argument either way but that's not the point. The issue is that the fight shouldn't have been nowhere near that close it exposed Fury badly when he doesn't outweigh a guy by 30-40lbs he becomes very ordinary.

Fury embarrassed himself and boxing no matter what he does from here on out he'll be remembered as the guy who struggled against a guy with zero boxing experience. Smh
            naranja111 naranja111 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by regge View Post
              you can make an argument either way but that's not the point. The issue is that the fight shouldn't have been nowhere near that close it exposed fury badly when he doesn't outweigh a guy by 30-40lbs he becomes very ordinary.

Fury embarrassed himself and boxing no matter what he does from here on out he'll be remembered as the guy who struggled against a guy with zero boxing experience. Smh
              i've been saying all along that fury is in the weakest era of all time in hw division. He has no power and slaps his shots. He wouldn't last 5 rds with a prime holyfield, tyson, holmes, ali, and foreman. He still clearly won the fight. But to somehow think that just because NGANOU who's one of the best boxers n the ufc did that then it means any ufc guy can hang with the top boxers is absurd.
              Last edited by satiev1; 11-28-2023, 02:52 AM.
              Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

It was Fury who took most of the rounds, but poorly. That's the thing. On the other hand, it's shocking how many not fans, but professionals are clueless about how a boxing match is scored and what are the rules: Ngannou broke two - holding and punching and being inactive. I can't really blame him for the first, as it's an instinct from his MMA career, even though he is obliged to follow different rules now. But his inactivity in the ring is due to his poor cardio and lack of enough skills (not that he lacks skills at all) to attack Fury. Here comes one aspect of the Fury's bad performance - he fell into the trap of a passive fighter who was waiting to land the big shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                  You can make an argument either way but that's not the point. The issue is that the fight shouldn't have been nowhere near that close it exposed Fury badly when he doesn't outweigh a guy by 30-40lbs he becomes very ordinary.

It's too simplistic to say it was "just because fury couldn't use his size"

Fury didn't use his size against klitschko, he used constant movement and bamboozled Wlad with angles similar to how Usyk does, which was incredibly impressive.

Ngannou wouldn't have laid a glove on that version of Fury, however fury has gained and lost about 500lbs combined since the and the wear and tear has finished him as an elite boxing talent, he's very basic now.

Comment

Yes there are.

Comment

Working...
                    X