Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor: 'I Don't Know If Women's Boxing Has the Strength and Depth to Have 3-Minute Rounds'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor: 'I Don't Know If Women's Boxing Has the Strength and Depth to Have 3-Minute Rounds'

Undisputed lightweight champion Katie Taylor isn't so sure that female boxers should be participating in three-minute round bouts. Ireland's Taylor is scheduled to try and rectify the lone loss of her professional career later this month, on Nov. 25, when
    [Click Here To Read More]

2 minute rounds seem ok. 10 x 2 minute riunds

Comment

No shame in accepting the truth

Comment

Womens boxing is bad enough with 10x2s and them going hell for leather.
        There is rarely knockdowns let alone knockouts and would be even less with them having to pace themselves better.

Like just put it to 3 already, get it over with, we'll see its even more unbearable than ever and then we can change it back.

Comment

As i don't watch female boxing, i don't gaf

Comment

This is the weak heifer they had p4p #1.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I agree the depth just isn't there.. I watched the Hannah Rankin-ema kozin fight the other night for the unified 154lb titles and it was like watching two novices almost not two people fighting to become unified champion and even with 10x2 rounds it was a slog to get through. For a few fights here and there 10x3 or 12x3 where it's the very best on occasion that would be okay but not every fight needs to be because the quality at world level in some of the divisions is poor
              Casual Riot Casual Riot likes this.

Comment

The 2 minute rounds feel short when watching.

However I don't think three minute rounds in women's boxing would mean more knockouts because the lack of knockouts is basically down to them not having much power and lacking any real ability and technique to knock somebody out.

There is a few women boxes with high knockout percentages like Savannah Marshall, so obviously the two minute rounds haven't affected her being able to knock people out, so it's clearly just the lack of ability in the majority of women fighters, not the minutes. Katie Taylor couldn't crack an egg if you gave her 10 minute rounds.

3 minute round would probably mostly lead to more fatigue and very scrappy fights. The majority of women boxers are just lesbians that did some boxercise classes and got encouragement to give it a go for real. Watching then box 3 minute rounds with no capability to knock someone out and poor skill on show would be poor viewing.

Comment

I think the three minute rounds should be for certain select women's fights, the big ones.

Taylor-Serrano and Katie vs Chantelle Cameron could've been over ten three minute rounds, those ladies can do it.
                  MANNY67 MANNY67 likes this.

Comment

just alternate between 2 and 3 min rounds, round 1 (2mins), rounds 2 (3mins) etc to see how it goes

Comment

Working...
                    X