Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Morrell Jr. To Face Sena Agbeko In Last Showtime Championship Boxing Main Event 12/16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Definitely, I know it is a dangerous sport and we like to see good fights, not tragedy, especially when they can be avoided. Truth be told, I never expected for Aidos to get hurt, he was been outclassed but still in the fight, and then it was all over, that tells me that Morrell Jr has real ko power in his hands.
    Especially considering he did it in the 12th. That power carries all the way.

Even if it were an error, getting hit like that by a guy who hits that hard also isn't the sort of thing that just goes away.
    garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

I can't say it any better. First Morrell ducks Beni until Beni looks sick v Plant. Now this. It's like he's hunting wounded prey. Morrell can be a draw, but not shooting fish in a barrel.
      He didn't wait until benavidez look sick, stop with the bs. His trainer had one fight with him and wanted to see more from him. It took two fights to convince him that the kid was for real. This fight was supposed to happen a few months ago, do you think he has a line outside his promoter office begging to fight him? They offered the fight to benavidez, the top dog in the division and he choose andrade, he is not looking for wounded prey, he's looking for predators like benavidez, but he have to fight what's put in front of him. And no, you can't say it any better because what you wrote is not what he meant.
      Last edited by garfios; 11-08-2023, 06:16 PM.
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

They’ll still do canelo fights
        They’ll be PPV though.

Comment

Morrell fighting people who won't anything for his career. No one knows this african dude, he won't get any credit for beating him even if he's good. His management team is terrible. They could have put him with Jesse Hart or José Uzcategui at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            Morrell fighting people who won't anything for his career. No one knows this african dude, he won't get any credit for beating him even if he's good. His management team is terrible. They could have put him with Jesse Hart or José Uzcategui at least.
            I think they all are on the same level. Jessie is more known and would have been my first choice, but he's fighting at LHW. Besides, the top dogs don't want to fight him. He needs to work.

Comment

I’m okay with this as long as Morrell gets an actual name fighter in 2024. Whether that’s Benavidez or someone else, just put him in with someone that’ll add some extra shine to his fists.
              garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                I think they all are on the same level. Jessie is more known and would have been my first choice, but he's fighting at LHW. Besides, the top dogs don't want to fight him. He needs to work.
                It's not just about level, it's also about popularity. Hart and Uzcategui have been in there with good fighters and as a result are more known than Agbeko, like you said. Morrell would get more credit for beating them, and these are fights were he could make a statement if he can get the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post

It's not just about level, it's also about popularity. Hart and Uzcategui have been in there with good fighters and as a result are more known than Agbeko, like you said. Morrell would get more credit for beating them, and these are fights were he could make a statement if he can get the stoppage.
                  100% agreed with you. If uzcategui was available he should be the one, hart hasn't fought at SMW since 2019, uzcategui just lost to shiskin too. So yes, he's more known but not for winning. At the end of the day he needs to work.

Comment

Morrell can only take a stay-busy fight these days. By the time this fight rolls around, David would not have fought in eight months. It’s practically criminal for a talent like his to waste away like that.
                    pnut901 pnut901 garfios garfios like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post

They’ll still do canelo fights
                      Nope showtime boxing ends this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X