No announcement yet.

If Calzaghe fought at MW Hop would never have been champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
    How does that relate to anything? SRL was undisputed at welterweight one fight(google it) so your logic says his level of competition must have sucked hardcore. Funny because he fought in a strong era of welters. Sorry to dispell the myth that being undisputed in an alphabet world means something. Lennox technically didn't have undisputed status for any title defenses so by your logic he isn't an ATG at heavy.

I didn't want to have to crush you but you've given me no choice.
    Don't worry you did not crush anything, but you provided more reasons for more easy bashing.

Leonard was a champ at welter for aout 2 years. Calzaghe for TEN at 168. See the difference there?

Lennox held 2 or more major belts for 4 out of his 10 years as a champion. Calzaghe again for 5 minutes, if you want to count his wbo belt as a major belt that's still 1 year out of his ten years "reign".

I am deliberately not getting in the details of woh they actually fought, because there is already plenty of people here are tearing a new one.

Comment

• Calzaghe was a good fighter but his reign sucked. No way he beats a prime Hopkins, especially if he had to drain to 160 to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Id probably vote an undefeated Kessler.
        Great point Reed. Too bad Joes haters are so blind with their bias they think all he fought during his undefeated career was late 90s Hopkins and RJJ caliber opponents. Funny how people forget that between RJJ and Tito all Hop fought were journeymen. As for RJJ I've got 2 words for anyone Ricky Fraizer.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
          Don't worry you did not crush anything, but you provided more reasons for more easy bashing.

Leonard was a champ at welter for aout 2 years. Calzaghe for TEN at 168. See the difference there?

Lennox held 2 or more major belts for 4 out of his 10 years as a champion. Calzaghe again for 5 minutes, if you want to count his wbo belt as a major belt that's still 1 year out of his ten years "reign".

I am deliberately not getting in the details of woh they actually fought, because there is already plenty of people here are tearing a new one.
          Sugar Ray Leonard faced and defeated, PRIME or close to PRIME;

-Floyd Mayweather
          -Wilfred Benitez
          -Roberto Durant
          -Thomas Hearns
          -Marvin Hagler

Are you drunk!?
          Joe Calzaghe cannot be mentioned in the same breath as SRL.

Comment

• Originally posted by UppercutDamage View Post
            Sugar Ray Leonard faced and defeated, PRIME or close to PRIME;

-Floyd Mayweather
            -Wilfred Benitez
            -Roberto Durant
            -Thomas Hearns
            -Marvin Hagler

Are you drunk!?
            Joe Calzaghe cannot be mentioned in the same breath as SRL.
            He can't be mentioned with Leonard, but why put Mayweather on that list? He shouldn't be mention with the others on the list you gave.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              He can't be mentioned with Leonard, but why put Mayweather on that list? He shouldn't be mention with the others on the list you gave.
              Many average fans lack the eye I possess in viewing boxing.

Although his resume is weak Floyd Maywweather had some soild skills and was 15-1-0 when he faced Leonard.
              I liked his boxing skills, but he lacked the speed and power of Leonard, much like many of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s current opponents lack the speed and power deal with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
                Great point Reed. Too bad Joes haters are so blind with their bias they think all he fought during his undefeated career was late 90s Hopkins and RJJ caliber opponents. Funny how people forget that between RJJ and Tito all Hop fought were journeymen. As for RJJ I've got 2 words for anyone Ricky Fraizer.
                Hops unified 2 parts of the REAL title And went up from there. WBO ***zaghe couldn't do it for 10 PATHETIC years

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  Hops unified 2 parts of the REAL title And went up from there. WBO ***zaghe couldn't do it for 10 PATHETIC years
                  Bhop and real title? Man, what the heck are you talking about? Who at MW that Bhop fought could stand a chance against Zaghe? Jermaine Taylor?

Hopkins became the champ at 175 and Zaghe moved up to a higher weight and beat Bhop despite the fact that Hopkins was looking to survive and not win.

I mean can you imagine what Zaghe would do to Tito? You saw Tito lose every second of every round against Winky right?

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Bhop and real title? Man, what the heck are you talking about? Who at MW that Bhop fought could stand a chance against Zaghe? Jermaine Taylor?

Hopkins became the champ at 175 and Zaghe moved up to a higher weight and beat Bhop despite the fact that Hopkins was looking to survive and not win.

I mean can you imagine what Zaghe would do to Tito? You saw Tito lose every second of every round against Winky right?
                    Doesn't matter he fought the guys who had the title not bums who weren't even in the top 10. Trinidad probably would have ko'd slap f@g anyway. he fought winky 7 years after he retired moron. And slappy f@g was to big for 160 so why would you talk about him and 160. He wouldn't fight guys in the to 10 chump. a guy ranked #9 was to highly ranked for him to fight. That says it all.

Comment

• I agree with that hopkins is greatly overrated

Comment

Working...
                      X