Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ngannou: If Tyson Fury is Being Honest, He Will Say I Won That Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ngannou: If Tyson Fury is Being Honest, He Will Say I Won That Fight!

Former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou defied all expectations on Saturday, with his impressive performance against Tyson Fury. Ngannou gave Fury, the reigning WBC world champion, all he could handle in their non-title crossover fight in Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-29-2023, 12:44 PM.

The only damage was to Fury's ego..

Comment

Fury thought, like any other MMA/Boxing mixed fight, that he would go in there and pull a Floyd, dance around all night and wait for the MMA guy to tire out, then just unload. It is obvious from the weight that Fury barely trained for this, if he trained at all. Unlike Floyd, who can take years off, come in and still dominate anyone, it did not go the same way for Fury. Can you imagine if he actually lost the fight? I would think the Usyk fight would not even happen if he lost.

Comment

The Tipsy Family has now completely embarrassed the entire sport of boxing. Record breaking humiliation. Duck all decent fighter and fight a novice instead. And lose on top of everything else.

Even the Tipsy Fans seem to have forgotten to parrot the "money tho" excuse in defence of their idol.

Comment

"If Tyson Fury is being honest"

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one, Francis.

I've said what I think will happen when the Fury family and their promoters eventually break their embarrassed silence. They'll uniformly claim that Ngannou is a great 'fighting man' and Fury climbing off the canvas to win against the world's hardest puncher is the stuff of legend.

And of course how could he now face Usyk? He needs time to recover after giving the fans such an epic showdown.

Never underestimate Fury's ability to brazen out an embarrassing situation.

They avoided interviews and cancelled press conferences to get their story straight.

Of course there will be fans who swallow that bullschitt.
          Last edited by Toffee; 10-29-2023, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I have watched the fight again and I scored it as follows:

Ngannou wins rounds 3, 4, and 8.
            Fury wins rounds 1, 2, 5. 6, and 9.
            Rounds 7 and 10 are more open for anyone to take or simply draw.

I am more inclined to give round 7 to Fury. So, my score would be between 96-93 and 95 - 94 in favor of Fury but I can understand if someone gives both 7 and 10 to Fury (making it 96 - 93) or Ngannou (making it 94-95), which is what two judges did.

I think Fury barely edged the fight but certainly lost his ego and prestige in the process.​

Comment

Fury didn't dominate throughout, so this kid declares he won.
              In reality, Fury wasn't having his best night, but he eked out a close decision win.
              That's the long and short of it.

Now this kid will go on to win some other boxing matches, then soon retire wealthy.
              And Fury will go on to dominate Usyk... and from there, likely retire.
              That's the most obvious scenario... standard for the sport.
              Last edited by PunchyPotorff; 10-29-2023, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
                I have watched the fight again and I scored it as follows:

Ngannou wins rounds 3, 4, and 8.
                Fury wins rounds 1, 2, 5. 6, and 9.
                Rounds 7 and 10 are more open for anyone to take or simply draw.

I am more inclined to give round 7 to Fury. So, my score would be between 96-93 and 95 - 94 in favor of Fury but I can understand if someone gives both 7 and 10 to Fury (making it 96 - 93) or Ngannou (making it 94-95), which is what two judges did.

I think Fury barely edged the fight but certainly lost his ego and prestige in the process.​
                Fully agree with the last sentence. For me, seeing Fury run out of ideas was more shocking than the knockdown

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
                  Fury thought, like any other MMA/Boxing mixed fight, that he would go in there and pull a Floyd, dance around all night and wait for the MMA guy to tire out, then just unload. It is obvious from the weight that Fury barely trained for this, if he trained at all. Unlike Floyd, who can take years off, come in and still dominate anyone, it did not go the same way for Fury. Can you imagine if he actually lost the fight? I would think the Usyk fight would not even happen if he lost.
                  Jake Paul has been making UFC fighters look like sht and he is not even a boxer lol

So Fury expected a cake walk. They signed to fight Francis 8 weeks before a Usyk undisputed mega event.
                  Just tell you how much they overlooked Francis.

Don't be surprised if Francis gets beaten by AJ next cuz he lost his surprise effect, Hearn probably harassing Francis team ..
                  P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Ngannou won. Fury had nothing except feints and the "Ol' 1-2". Pitiful excuse for a "fighting man".

Comment

Working...
                    X