Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eimantas Stanionis-Keith Thurman Set For December 9 As Part Of Showtime/PBC PPV In Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
    A winnable fight for Keith, as Stanionis is easy to find.
    I don't think Thurman has enough left in the tank. Stanionis is going to wear him down and beat him up.
    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

A winnable fight for Keith, as Stanionis is easy to find.
      ...and Stanionis has been very inactive too. Thurman is taking the match-up that he has the best chance to win. I'm hoping Stani wins decisively.
      BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

I’m beginning to understand why so many of these pbc shows have been PPV, and they would be due to showtime killing their sitting budget. One thing pbc is proving is that it can put on regular shows and good ones at that, ones that can pull large record breaking gates and very few months. What it needs is a network that can accommodate it with non PPV dates. If Amazon can do that for pbc then it’s a better fit than showtime because every showtime fight card being PPV is not on. PPV should be reserved for superfights only. If the last few months was bargaining chips for a Bezos deal then I get it, but if pbc does get that deal and I’m willing to bet they do, then I hope we can just turn on Amazon and there is are boxing to go along with our subscription price. If ever there was an app for boxing to reach millions around the world, it’s Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

I don't think Thurman has enough left in the tank. Stanionis is going to wear him down and beat him up.
          He's going to have to walk through some heat to do it.

Comment

He's going to have to walk through some heat to do it.
            Never forget.

image.png

Stankonia has a real shot here - especially if "they" want to send Keef a message that they're building a new star.

Comment

Keef fighting all the ranked 1 opponents in each org

WBC = Barrios
              WBA = Stanionis

Meanwhile boots continue fightin bums with no wikipedia pages

Comment

Cameron Dunkin, have you gotten the message yet? These guys will not fight Boots, until you sign with PBC! You had Boots sign with Showtime, and now Showtime is out of the boxing business, so now what? FREE BOOTS ENNIS!!!

Comment

Matches no one asking for and less on pay per view . No wonder Showtime is no longer in the boxing business
                  BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    I’m beginning to understand why so many of these pbc shows have been PPV, and they would be due to showtime killing their sitting budget. One thing pbc is proving is that it can put on regular shows and good ones at that, ones that can pull large record breaking gates and very few months. What it needs is a network that can accommodate it with non PPV dates. If Amazon can do that for pbc then it’s a better fit than showtime because every showtime fight card being PPV is not on. PPV should be reserved for superfights only. If the last few months was bargaining chips for a Bezos deal then I get it, but if pbc does get that deal and I’m willing to bet they do, then I hope we can just turn on Amazon and there is are boxing to go along with our subscription price. If ever there was an app for boxing to reach millions around the world, it’s Amazon
                    Part of the reason why PBC's PPV cards are so stacked recently....is due to chronic inactivity. Let's look at the match-ups rumored on 11/25 and 12/9 cards:
                    Stanionis/Thurman = both are inactive
                    Mayweather/Mikey Garcia = old/retired/inactive
                    Lara/Danny Garcia = inactive
                    Benavidez/Andrade = active
                    Matias/Ergashev = inactive
                    Jermall/Benavidez Jr. = inactive

Not only are these fighters inactive and need fight dates, but many of them demand a high 6-figure purse minimum. SHO simply cannot afford the costs, so the decision is made to put it on PPV and force the consumer to subsidize the fighters' purses. The consumers ultimately suffer the consequences.

If Amazon has any knowledgeable boxing fans, they may be concerned about having a long-term agreement with PBC.

Last edited by kiaba360; 10-20-2023, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Time to see what Thurman's got left.
                      NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X