Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eimantas Stanionis-Keith Thurman Set For December 9 As Part Of Showtime/PBC PPV In Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Say what you want, PBC does NOT have a wall higher than anyone else! How many TR fighters have you seen on all PBC cards, like you saw Porter, Martin, and Fulton?
    In the Figueroa/Navarrete thread, I said that TR/PBC are fighting to see who can outlast the other. All the big promotional outfits have created their own ecosystems so they don't have to work with each other. They all take turns shxtting on each other for the bad behavior that they all engage in. When Hearn wanted to use DAZN's budget to match-ups between PBC/TR fighters and his own stable, Hearn got laughed at because he was perceived as desperate and inept. When the promoters act so cynical towards each other, it's no wonder why us fans become cynical and pessimistic as well.

It's a good thing that PBC has allowed some fighters to move around, but sometimes it feels like they do it out of necessity. Porter was only interested in facing Crawford, or he was gonna retire(?). Fulton had to demand to be allowed to face Inoue. The Frank Martin/Stevenson situation is how things usually play out: cynical bad faith behavior that leads to NO FIGHT. At some point. promoters need to realize that they are gradually damaging the integrity of the sport by not working together.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

In the Figueroa/Navarrete thread, I said that TR/PBC are fighting to see who can outlast the other. All the big promotional outfits have created their own ecosystems so they don't have to work with each other. They all take turns shxtting on each other for the bad behavior that they all engage in. When Hearn wanted to use DAZN's budget to match-ups between PBC/TR fighters and his own stable, Hearn got laughed at because he was perceived as desperate and inept. When the promoters act so cynical towards each other, it's no wonder why us fans become cynical and pessimistic as well.

It's a good thing that PBC has allowed some fighters to move around, but sometimes it feels like they do it out of necessity. Porter was only interested in facing Crawford, or he was gonna retire(?). Fulton had to demand to be allowed to face Inoue. The Frank Martin/Stevenson situation is how things usually play out: cynical bad faith behavior that leads to NO FIGHT. At some point. promoters need to realize that they are gradually damaging the integrity of the sport by not working together.
      I don't care "why," I just know they do it a lot more than people give them credit for! Fulton said Haymon blessed him, WITHOUT DEMANDS!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I don't care "why," I just know they do it a lot more than people give them credit for! Fulton said Haymon blessed him, WITHOUT DEMANDS!
        There should be no demands because he's only an "advisor".

Comment

Stani is gonna slay thurman, thurman just cashing out one last ppv payday

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post

He's going to have to walk through some heat to do it.
            Exactly, Stanionis is hungry!
            Last edited by Devils Advocate; 10-22-2023, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Barrios might be fighting Crowley next
              Thurman fighting Stanionis

who is Ennis fighting?
              another no-namer?
              cmon

how do you priced yourself that high if you haven't even fought anyone with at least a wikipedia page?

Comment

Thurman will be stopped, will take some damage on the way
                Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PryorHawk View Post
                  boots next fight will be another obscure guy with no wiki page..again..
                  No it won't. He's got a belt now.

Comment

Working...
                  X