Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brian Mendoza Arrives in Australia, Expects a Fire-Fight With Tim Tszyu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brian Mendoza Arrives in Australia, Expects a Fire-Fight With Tim Tszyu

Junior middleweight contender Brian Mendoza has arrived in Australia, as he looks to get accustomed to the time difference for his upcoming world title showdown with WBO beltholder Tim Tszyu, which takes place on October 15 [October 14 in the United States].
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight. I think both guys are underrated.

Comment

I think Tszyu wins because he starts fast and looks for the KO.

Comment

So no one is giving credit for Mendoza's willingness to fight outside of his home country. He's going to Australia, not some third-world country.

Was a huge deal when Haney went. Was a huge deal when Fulton traveled in another modern country. It's as if they're giving everyone favors. See the difference?
        garfios garfios Hitmon Hitmon like this.

Comment

Mendoza is powerful but neither he is fast or very active.

Comment

This is a nice style matchup. Should be lots of leather flying and very low probablility that it goes the distance.

Comment

both Devin and Stephen were both champions.

Originally posted by jqSide View Post
              So no one is giving credit for Mendoza's willingness to fight outside of his home country. He's going to Australia, not some third-world country.

Was a huge deal when Haney went. Was a huge deal when Fulton traveled in another modern country. It's as if they're giving everyone favors. See the difference?
              But

Comment

Originally posted by Hitmon View Post
                both Devin and Stephen were both champions.
                But
                An alt responded. Typical. You really want to justify this, eh? Guys like Josh Taylor was champion. He went twice on "enemy's" territory. Wasn't a big deal. And there were many examples. Haney was a nobody and still is in comparison. Fulton was backed by Haymon/PBC/SHO, how come they never made any offer to Inoue so they can do it in Vegas?
                Last edited by jqSide; 10-04-2023, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Mauricio Lara fought on "enemy's" territory multiple times as a champion. Nobody gave any credit to him traveling outside his Mexico.

Only Americans make a big deal of fighting outside their home sweet home. Most of them don't even have passport.

Comment

It was a 3 punch KO not a 1 punch KO. I became a Mendoza fan due to his underdog victories even though I wanted Banana and Fundora to win. I'd like to see him pull off the upset.
                    Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X