Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Weighs In At Career-High 167.4 Pounds, Same As Canelo Alvarez, For Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for all the pointless criticism of Canelo cherry picking smaller guys. He better and this weight, and I suspect that Chalo will be too. Great fight. One HOF shoe-in and another seeking to become one.
    JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Which means nothing except he hasn't had to dehydrate 20 pounds to make weight. Normally he in the ring about 175, maybe tomorrow closer to 180.
      Same than canelo In 168.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        You do know that Canelo weighed in the 170s in the ring for his fight against Angulo when he was just 23 right? Yet he’s a natural mw while charlo is a natural 168 pounder? Please. Charlo made 154 for his last fight, canelo could make that weight without cutting off a leg.
        Jerk
        Trout was in 172 vs Canelo

Charlo always fight above 170 in 154.

And almost all the fighters in 154 weighting More than 170 in the ring.

Charlo Is a big big dude at the weight would be not a excuse.

This Is not a Ryan vs Davis, Gamboa vs Crawford, Spence Mikey García kind of fight

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

No, Derrick James said he was going to come in at 163-164. That evidently wasn't the case.
          I see. It still doesn't mean Jermell put on extra weight though but rather that he didn't needlessly cut down to 163-164.

Comment

About to put money on the draw. Pay off my house with the winnings lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Jerk
              Trout was in 172 vs Canelo

Charlo always fight above 170 in 154.

And almost all the fighters in 154 weighting More than 170 in the ring.

Charlo Is a big big dude at the weight would be not a excuse.

This Is not a Ryan vs Davis, Gamboa vs Crawford, Spence Mikey García kind of fight
              Canelo weighed 174 vs angulo and he was 23 years old. How much you think he’s been walking into the ring weighing now that he’s in his 30’s and a much bigger frame? You think he’s a natural 160 but charlo is a natural 168? Fkn dummy.

El_Mero El_Mero Rebelrbg Rebelrbg like this.

Comment

I thought charlo would come 164-165ish to be somewhat light on his feet but maybe coach james aiming punch resistance aside from extra weight behind them punches. Its going to be be a fun fight ,more than expected.

Comment

I wish they would weigh the fighters right before they fight, not to disqualify anyone but just informational.

I'd gladly bet money that in the ring, both will be within 2 pounds of 180 but that is something that will likely never be known with any certainty.
                  real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Easy money for Nelo. I expect 10-2 type decision.

Canelo will box. If he can get a chance, KOs him as well.

Comment

Do people think Charlo was weighing in at 154 pounds on fight night, when he was fighting at 154 pounds? A large percentage of these fighters are weight draining themselves, come on guys get with it.

That is why I have never really had a concern on whether fighting at 168 pounds was going to be a issue for Jermell Charlo.

Note: The last real old school fighters, that I know who stayed close to their fighting weight evening under the day before weigh in rule are 'Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather Junior and Carl Froch. I don't really know if any of the top fighters these days are using this training philosophy? Terrence Crawford definitively is not, you only have to search for documentaries showing him weight draining himself 'Toxic training philosophies'.

I think 168 pounds is Canelo Alvarez's best weight class, maybe his last fight vs Ryder was a readjusting once again to the weight class 'It is not a good idea for Alvarez now at this stage of his career to jump up and down the weights. I think Alvarez should just focus on the Super Middle Weight Divisions, and even if he is to fight fighters from higher weight classes going forward 'Do not train to add mass, just train to fight. Hopkins & Mayweather both approached the game this way' etc.

icha icha likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X