Has Conor Benn had a hearing or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Conor Benn had a hearing or not?

I’m terribly confused on this.

I was under the impression that Conor Benn had a hearing with UKAD and he presented his case and then after deliberation his suspension was lifted by the National Anti Doping Panel.

But every other promoter is saying he hasn’t had a hearing such as Frank Warren on IFLTV in the last hour or so amongst many other boxing people who have also repeated there’s been no hearing.

So what is going on has there been a hearing or not?
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-26-2023, 06:14 AM.

I guess no one else is any the wiser

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I’m terribly confused on this.

I was under the impression that Conor Benn had a hearing with UKAD and he presented his case and then after deliberation his suspension was lifted by the National Anti Doping Panel.

But every other promoter is saying he hasn’t had a hearing such as Frank Warren on IFLTV in the last hour or so amongst many other boxing people who have also repeated there’s been no hearing.

So what is going on has there been a hearing or not?
      There has been no hearing. They dropped the charges then picked them up again.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

There has been no hearing. They dropped the charges then picked them up again.
        So what was the decision that BBBoC and UKAD appealed?

That was a decision from a hearing with UKAD right? To which Benn’s suspension was lifted?

Comment

BBBoC are appealing the NADP decision to lift the suspension.

Some are claiming its because it was a VADA test so the NADP ruled that UKAD and the BBBoC have no right to suspend him. WBC were the jurisdiction and they cleared him.

Others are claiming that he presentated evidence to the NAPD, but the BBBoC want UKAD to have it themselves.

Anyone actually involved, Benns team, Matchroom, BBBoC, NAPD, Robert Smith - say nothing because it's 'confidential'.

Basically... Who tf knows what's going on.

Comment

- - Prob got a few more tats that he can blame for failing tests.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

So what was the decision that BBBoC and UKAD appealed?

That was a decision from a hearing with UKAD right? To which Benn’s suspension was lifted?
              Dunno bruv. This was the last of it I think =---> https://www.boxingscene.com/bbbofc-a...r-benn--176579

Comment

What's going on?

Drug testing in the UK is only to protect A-side fighters from having to fight challengers who are doping. And that's really the case everywhere. If the A-Side pops dirty, there's always an excuse provided or a lengthy "investigation" that comes back inconclusive 3 years later and the fighter is give a 30 day backdated ban.

Boxing doesn't have drug testing. That's what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
                  BBBoC are appealing the NADP decision to lift the suspension.

Some are claiming its because it was a VADA test so the NADP ruled that UKAD and the BBBoC have no right to suspend him. WBC were the jurisdiction and they cleared him.

Others are claiming that he presentated evidence to the NAPD, but the BBBoC want UKAD to have it themselves.

Anyone actually involved, Benns team, Matchroom, BBBoC, NAPD, Robert Smith - say nothing because it's 'confidential'.

Basically... Who tf knows what's going on.
                  But that means that there WAS a hearing with UKAD though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

Dunno bruv. This was the last of it I think =---> https://www.boxingscene.com/bbbofc-a...r-benn--176579
                    That article states;

“On Monday, the BBBofC issued an official statement - where the organization revealed the possibility of appealing UKAD's decision on Benn.“

So it seems there was a hearing, which to me it seems like Benn won that hearing? And now in response the BBBoC have appealed it.

Right or wrong if Benn won the hearing then he can fight right? He’s essentially cleared to fight if he won the hearing.

I just don’t understand why you’ve got Warren, Froch etc saying he hasn’t had hearing and presented his case to UKAD when unless I’m mistaken that’s exactly what he’s done and won? I don’t know, losing me on this.

It would be nice if this stuff wasn’t confidential (the actual hearing itself) there is no reason for it to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X