Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Calls Out Wilder, Joshua: Nobody Wants To Fight; I'm Staying Ready

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This pursuit of big paydays is making boxers very inactive. They're living in fantasy (not all of them.)

Hearn/DAZN raised the prices years ago. But those days are long gone. And they're not coming back.

Comment

Ruiz simply dug himself in his own grave. His chance is now fighting slightly lower than his level competition for 1-2-3 fights or accepting everything decent that is offered by the top. level.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

10 defenses against who?

Andy was the unified champ and fought better competition. You could make your argument before Andy beat AJ but not after.
        I disagree with all of that.

Comment

Ruiz must accept that Fury and Wilder are probably retired and Joshua won`t fight him the third time.

There are no huge pay days, time to fight the other contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

ruiz-ortiz did 65k ppv buys

wilder-helenius did 77k ppv buys
            What did Wilder-Ortiz do?
            What did Joshua-Helenius do?

If you want to compare, then use common opponents not fights with others. Ortiz is a much bigger name than Helenius.
            MoonCheese Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

A 50/50 split is reasonable. To pin this on both sides is ridiculous.
              I agree, 50/50 is reasonable and more acceptable if the purse isn't tremendous, which it shouldn't be with these two.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post

What did Wilder-Ortiz do?
                What did Joshua-Helenius do?

If you want to compare, then use common opponents not fights with others. Ortiz is a much bigger name than Helenius.
                thats not how it works though. saying someone used to be popular doesnt amount to a hill of beans in negotiations . saying ortiz is more popular is just subjective. helenius joshua was a hit so why wasnt it a hit for wilder? cause no one cares about wilder. what matters is your current bargaining power and wilder has none. there was some guy in another thread who said heleniius was ranked 9 years before he fought wilder therefore it should be counted as a top 10 win. same concept you are trying to use. if we are using past fights why not use ruiz vs joshua? did 1.6 million buys i guess ruiz deserves more than wilder! wilder is just a b-side type fighter. fury was the real draw there just like joshua was for ruiz and helenius.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

thats not how it works though. saying someone used to be popular doesnt amount to a hill of beans in negotiations . saying ortiz is more popular is just subjective. helenius joshua was a hit so why wasnt it a hit for wilder? cause no one cares about wilder. what matters is your current bargaining power and wilder has none. there was some guy in another thread who said heleniius was ranked 9 years before he fought wilder therefore it should be counted as a top 10 win. same concept you are trying to use. if we are using past fights why not use ruiz vs joshua? did 1.6 million buys i guess ruiz deserves more than wilder! wilder is just a b-side type fighter. fury was the real draw there just like joshua was for ruiz and helenius.
                  You're just embarrassing yourself. Wilder vs Helenius was actually PPV but AJ vs Helenius was not.

I am saying if you want to compare Ruiz vs Ortiz, then compare it with Wilder vs Ortiz. Let Ruiz fight Helenius and see how much that sells. Joshua is more popular (at least in the UK) than Wilder but even he couldn't go PPV with Helenius. Nobody thinks either of Wilder or Joshua beating Helenius is some sort of accomplishment for either.

Comment

Working...
                  X