Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol's Manager Does Not Expect Canelo Rematch To Ever Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol's Manager Does Not Expect Canelo Rematch To Ever Happen

Vadim Kornilov, manager of WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol, does not expect a rematch with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez to ever come off. In May of 2022, Canelo moved up to 175-pounds to challenge Bivol, but he was outboxed over twelve rounds, with Bivol coming away with a solid unanimous decision victory.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good. Bivol beat Canelo comprehensively. There's no need for that fight. The only fight we need from Bivol is Beterbiev.

Comment

I thought they had offered the same terms of the first fight and the Bivol team said no.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        I thought they had offered the same terms of the first fight and the Bivol team said no.
        They did not offer a thing, they went with a publicity stunt but never offered it.

Comment

Bivol should've agreed Canelo's terms and have the rematch at 175, of course if Canelo really wanted to have it. Now Bivol is inactive/ring rusty and he has no opponent to date. Even if Bivol beat Canelo, it doesn't mean that Bivol is having drawing power. It doesn't work like that. You need to have a very solid fan base and draw the interest of casuals to be a real boxing star and call the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post

They did not offer a thing, they went with a publicity stunt but never offered it.
            Oh yes they did make an offer and Bivols dumb ass manager tried playing hard ball. So fuxk em good riddance he can stay fighting for pennies.
            pun77 pun77 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

Oh yes they did make an offer and Bivols dumb ass manager tried playing hard ball. So fuxk em good riddance he can stay fighting for pennies.
              Here comes Clenelo's lover talking sh it.

What, clenelo's a f masoquist now?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Only thing I read, can't remember where so take it for what it's worth, is that when they said the same terms they also meant the same purse haha. They wanted to pay Bivol the same as the first fight, Bivol asked for 10 million and Canelo said no. 10 million is not ridiculous IMO and it read more of the excuse Canelo's team needed to not push forward with the fight.
                BaguMka BaguMka eco1 eco1 sege64 sege64 garfios garfios Rebelrbg Rebelrbg and 1 others like this.

Comment

No need to see Canelo lose again so thoroughly, and I imagine even Canelo would agree with that considering there’s no rematch.

Comment

Canelo isn't even popular anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X