Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: When Going Gets Tough, Brook Looks For a Way Out - Dubois is The Same

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe ....But I'm afraid his hero, Joshua knew what was happening and like Brook he was knackered but preferred to stay there arms on ropes and not fight when asked by the referee , it's there to see for all!

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

If a friend can't tell you you're a quitter then who can!?

Though Bellew is an ásshole, he is right they've both quit as did AJ.

He was prompted by the ref to move out of the corner, he even moved him out the corner moved him back and then pulled on his belt to have him move on his own volition hence "prompted" and didn't, forcing the ref to wave it but bellend throats AJ so he won't accept that reality...
      Dubois got up at 9. He didn't complain about it, but he actually wasn't counted out like Bellew said here. Against Joyce his eye was closed and fractured. If there's a genuine reason for pulling yourself out, then i'm cool. If not, then you're a quitter.

With AJ, the ref touched his belt, he didn't pull on it. AJ was facing him and following his orders. But the ref then waved it off. It's bizarre how anyone could claim that to be quitting other than people having agenda's. It wasn't even a KD either. Ruiz pulled on AJ to have him go down. There shouldn't have even been a count.

Brook did no such thing with Golovkin. He gassed out badly and his eye was done. But at no point did he quit. The corner threw in the towel. Against Spence, he was moving back down to a weight class he was already struggling with and coming from a serious injury. There was no way Brook was going to have the energy in the second half of the fight with those conditions attached. But his other eye went with a head clash to make it worse. The only one here you could have an argument with is Dubois against Usyk. But as i say, he got up at 9. This wasn't without controversy either as Dubois hit Usyk with a legit body shot and looked to have stopped Usyk. If not for the ref, we should be looking at a new champion.
      Flap Mr WorldWide likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Im not sure what to think of DDD unless he tells me. I think its his gas tank that made him quit. Are some reasons for quitting worse than others? I mean he could quit as punches hurt too much. Or quit as hes tired. Or quit as he didnt think he could win.
        Dubois was definitely tired. His body would be going through some serious fatigue. But he didn't get counted out. He was up at 9 but the ref waved it off. You can say Dubois accepted it and didn't complain. But that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
          Oh Dear God do I LOVE it when Carl, Tony and Johnny speak the truth and get these shameless UK fan boys wound up! Nothing in this forum is better or more entertaining. NOTHING!!!
          You want it be true because of a bias. Nothing more. It's hilarious you calling anyone shameless after i gave you a seeing to about a hundred times. It either stands up to scrutiny what people say, or it doesn't. This from Bellew doesn't. As is the case with Froch who is motivated by AJ leaving McCraken. Anyone with a brain can see that. This therefore disqualifies you.

Flap Mr WorldWide likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
            And yes, Daniel Dubious is indeed a QUITTER. He stayed on one knee until the ref counted 10, then popped up. Total disrespect to the fans who paid hard-earned money for their tickets. Let him go fight a JUICER like Jerrell Miller now. Call it "the loser's bracket".
            You see, you're wrong again. The ref in fact didn't count to 10. Dubois got up at the count of 9. Show me otherwise? You can't. It's fantasy. Just like it always is with you. I'll always prove you wrong as reality and facts are on my side. Dubois didn't complain when it was waved off, there's that. He should have shown more willingness to continue and be displeased with the ref waving it off. But he did in fact make the count. Watch it again. It's clear you need to.

Comment

I dk about Brook, that man went toe to toe with GGG and Spence and got his face beat in and took it like a man. Dubois is a certified quitter though 100%
              super-x super-x likes this.

Comment

Brook aside. Dubois quit under pressure, just like Aj has, just like khan has, just like Saunders, just like Fielding. There’s also examples of Brits passively quitting during fights by not trying to win and just survive such as Callum Smith and Aj vs Usyk. Many of them aren’t built to overcome the adversity. The primary exception to this rule was Froch. That guy kept at it regardless of what he was facing. The others, not so much.
                BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

I don't agree on DDD at all. Maybe he could take even more punishment but I don't think that is a great idea for him. DDD's problem is that he doesn't know how NOT to take punishment. The only time DDD's head moves is when someone else has punched it.
                  I said, when Book fought GGG & Amir Khan fought Canelo, that Khan tried to win, did his best, it didn't work out. Brook was what trainers call 'a game quitter'. He was willing to stand in there & take punishment but he never thought he could win & he never really tried to win.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
                    Lmfao brook had his face bashed in. Even if you think him taking a knee against spence was a quit job, how was him getting stopped on the feet against GGG ant different than AJ vs Ruiz.
                    It was totally different though. The ref stopped the AJ fight as he didn’t look like he wanted to continue and failed to react the right way when the ref expected him to confirm he was ok, hold up his gloves etc. Brook’s corner threw the towel in against GGG. Brook himself had nothing to do with that stoppage. Totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Dubois got up at 9. He didn't complain about it, but he actually wasn't counted out like Bellew said here. Against Joyce his eye was closed and fractured. If there's a genuine reason for pulling yourself out, then i'm cool. If not, then you're a quitter.

With AJ, the ref touched his belt, he didn't pull on it. AJ was facing him and following his orders. But the ref then waved it off. It's bizarre how anyone could claim that to be quitting other than people having agenda's. It wasn't even a KD either. Ruiz pulled on AJ to have him go down. There shouldn't have even been a count.

Brook did no such thing with Golovkin. He gassed out badly and his eye was done. But at no point did he quit. The corner threw in the towel. Against Spence, he was moving back down to a weight class he was already struggling with and coming from a serious injury. There was no way Brook was going to have the energy in the second half of the fight with those conditions attached. But his other eye went with a head clash to make it worse. The only one here you could have an argument with is Dubois against Usyk. But as i say, he got up at 9. This wasn't without controversy either as Dubois hit Usyk with a legit body shot and looked to have stopped Usyk. If not for the ref, we should be looking at a new champion.
                      You're a quitter when you've got every reason to continue and no reason not to and choose not to, this might of been his one and only opportunity to fight for a title AND he's spewed it before as bellend said once you've quit once it's easier to do it going forward...

Go watch it on AJs youtube channel you can clearly see the ref pull on his trunks there is no agenda here, I couldn't careless about your or anyone else "opinion" about facts.

I wasn't even calling brook a quitter though he is, less so then Dubois though as he actually had proof of his injury(ies) instead of just making claims around a swollen eye, some people fight through and some people spew it, it really is that simple.

I was only responding to the fact the guy I quoted implied Bellew is a bad friend for calling a friend a quitter which is not true, a friend being honest with you is not a bad friend but a real one and he needs to be consistent if he's going to do that as I pointed out with AJ.

As for it being a legit body shot we all have opinions I guess!?
                      Last edited by Boro; 08-31-2023, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X