Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: When Going Gets Tough, Brook Looks For a Way Out - Dubois is The Same

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He’s not wrong

Comment

People say well why didn’t you say that about AJ against Andy Ruiz? AJ never quit, he was just completely exhausted and spent. He didn’t sit on one knee and watch the referee count to 10. The referee stopped it and actually saved him."
      Joshua LITERALLY spit out his mouthpiece.
      joshua-spits-mouthpiece4.jpg

then on the other knockdown, pushed it out of his mouth as the ref was counting in his face. That's telling the ref he didn't want any more.

Someone on here had it as a GIF in their sig.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        Brook aside. Dubois quit under pressure, just like Aj has, just like khan has, just like Saunders, just like Fielding. There’s also examples of Brits passively quitting during fights by not trying to win and just survive such as Callum Smith and Aj vs Usyk. Many of them aren’t built to overcome the adversity. The primary exception to this rule was Froch. That guy kept at it regardless of what he was facing. The others, not so much.
        You forget Ricky Hatton.
        BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

How did Kell Brook look for a way out- by going up 13 lbs to fight one of the hardest middleweight punchers in history? He fought GGG toe to toe and gave his all and landed plenty until his face was broken and his corner threw the towel in. Then he came back down in weight and signed to fight Spence with titanium plates and screws already in his face. Once again, he gave his all and landed plenty of hard shots until Spence broke his face again. Now with both sides of his face repaired with titanium, he signed to face Bud. Against Bud, he was hit with a short, sharp punch that was devastating and perfectly timed. After that, Bud jumped on him amd did what he does- finish people that he gets hurt. So Bellew, what should he have done differently in either bout, in order to not be considered in your eyes as looking for a way out?
          shwaap shwaap likes this.

Comment

Let’s be clear about Bellew. He is a Matchroom puppet. We know that because he doesn’t say a negative word against AJ or any Matchroom fighter. He has zero credibility as the Matchroom puppet.

Dubois in fact got up at 9. Someone who desires to quit takes the full count.

More important, how could anyone call any fighter a quitter who is risking his life in a dangerous sport.

Do any of you call MMA fighters who tap out quitters? Of course not because that fighter knows he’s in grave danger. So if a fighter feels the same way, he’s a quitter, but the MMA fighter is not? Who the F are we to judge?

In war, do you call a soldier overrun by enemy forces who waves a white flag a quitter? A person in any combat sport who senses he or she is in danger and wants to live to fight another day, is not quitter in my eyes. In fact anyone who has the courage to step into the ring and get punched in the mouth and take unusual painful punishment is braver than 99.9% of those who sit on the couch and critique.

Comment

Brook might have done a few ****** things, but quitter he is not.

He literally had his face bashed in TWICE in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

You see, you're wrong again. The ref in fact didn't count to 10. Dubois got up at the count of 9. Show me otherwise? You can't. It's fantasy. Just like it always is with you. I'll always prove you wrong as reality and facts are on my side. Dubois didn't complain when it was waved off, there's that. He should have shown more willingness to continue and be displeased with the ref waving it off. But he did in fact make the count. Watch it again. It's clear you need to.
                You sound like a complete FOOL. If Dubious was on one knee, clear-eyed and responsive, why would the ref count only to 9 before calling it off and face the backlash for doing that? Go get your eyes checked. You obviously can't discern between 9 and 10. Daniel Dubious QUIT. Most British fighters will QUIT when placed under considerable duress. Carl Froch and Jim Watt were two notable exceptions.

Comment

I agree that Dubois quit vs Usyk, but he absolutely didn't quit vs Joyce. To equate retiring from a fight because of a fractured face to not beating the count from a KD by a jab is an unreasonable assessment. Kell Brook doesn't deserve to be labelled a quitter either. Bellew said they used to be friends. No surprise there.
                  dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by M111 View Post

It was totally different though. The ref stopped the AJ fight as he didn’t look like he wanted to continue and failed to react the right way when the ref expected him to confirm he was ok, hold up his gloves etc. Brook’s corner threw the towel in against GGG. Brook himself had nothing to do with that stoppage. Totally different.
                    Yes I know. AJs was more of a quit job than either of Brooks losses. I was speaking from Bellews point of view that Brook was a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

You're a quitter when you've got every reason to continue and no reason not to and choose not to, this might of been his one and only opportunity to fight for a title AND he's spewed it before as bellend said once you've quit once it's easier to do it going forward...

Go watch it on AJs youtube channel you can clearly see the ref pull on his trunks there is no agenda here, I couldn't careless about your or anyone else "opinion" about facts.

I wasn't even calling brook a quitter though he is, less so then Dubois though as he actually had proof of his injury(ies) instead of just making claims around a swollen eye, some people fight through and some people spew it, it really is that simple.

I was only responding to the fact the guy I quoted implied Bellew is a bad friend for calling a friend a quitter which is not true, a friend being honest with you is not a bad friend but a real one and he needs to be consistent if he's going to do that as I pointed out with AJ.

As for it being a legit body shot we all have opinions I guess!?
                      You can't talk about facts when you're wrong on the count. You said he stayed down for the full 10 count. That is factually not true. He got up at 9.

AJ was just gathering himself. Nothing more. You call that quitting, many would have to be called quitters too. But i disagree 100%. I've watched the ref calling it plenty of times. The ref didn't pull on his trunks. He touched his trunks. He didn't pull on them to get him to focus or turn around.

Which fight did Brook supposedly quit in for you?

The contact of the punch had half the glove hit Usyk's body clean while the other half was on the top of the belt. With the belt being slightly high, that is a legit body shot. Forget about the picture where it's before full contact has been made. That's just fans wanting to shut the controversy down. It was legit. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X