Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider this a low blow? Freeze frame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Punch was on the belt line so far as I can tell by photos and replays I’m seeing on YouTube. In the post fight interview when Usyk’s people is are asking for clarification of what is a legal blow, he is told anything below the belly button is low, any lunch that touches the pants (trunks) is low. To my eyes it didn’t look low, it was right on the belt line, but refs are given the discretion to make the call.
    Usyk vs Dubois Slow Motion Body Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post

Post the original then.
      Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post
      That photo is misleading, its before the moment of actual impact. Sure it slid up but at the point of impact it was legal. Usyk went down with his hands by his sides he never touched his crotch which is the instant reaction when a man is hurt in the nuts. Daniel was robbed.
      Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Thats higher than every other pic, the punch moves upwards that pic is a scam shot, show where it makes first contact.
      I made this just for you guys!

Usyk vs Dubois - Slow Motion Body Shot (High-Res Video)
      https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...high-res-video

Comment

As you can see it is low, the thumb is on the belt, and the rest of the glove is under the belt.

Could have made a big mistake if the ref deducted any point as didnt look intentional

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

Nah he never pulled to the groin, he grabbed his left side where he was punched, he clearly had all the air knocked out of him, from a body shot, not a nut shot.
          Its not what he grabbed it is how he initially reflexively reacted. You do not "have the air knocked out of you" when you are grimacing over an extended period. He never reacted like he had the air ****** out of him.

Comment

That shot is on the groin, not on the ***els. Low blow for sure.

Comment

Working...
            X