Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson: I'm Not In This For The Legacy; I'm In This For The Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don`t really rate this kid. Too much trouble with washed up Martin.

His mindset is weird. If he somehow picks some vacant belt, he will probably take Fury`s notes, fighting nobodies, like UFC guys and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
      Are you saying you're only concerned about Anderson's safety and well-being? What about his opponents who are usually over matched and get paid peanuts? That's no different from a fight where one guy is on PEDs, which mismatches essentially are all about.

Bottom line is fans should always demand best fights best or same level fights, not mismatches.
      100% agree. The guy who you are responding to sounds like a fan of boxers more than of the sport. It always sounds weird when people support these dude's jocks and wallets.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
        He's not in it for legacy because he won't go far. He just wants to set himself up for a payday and hand over his cherry. Not the kind of attitude I like in fighters.
        He will have no legacy

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
          100% agree. The guy who you are responding to sounds like a fan of boxers more than of the sport. It always sounds weird when people support these dude's jocks and wallets.
          People who say such things don't realize they don't really care about boxers in general. They're okay with their fighters getting soft touches, but so-called soft touches have families to support too and if you're being fair, they should be compensated properly and given free medical attention as they're more liable to get physically damaged being in an over-matched fight. Those are who you should be concerned with, not your fighter who gets paid 10x as much.

In reality, no one forces these guys to be in this profession. They can get out anytime they want and look for jobs billions of people on earth are surviving with.​

Comment

The next Seth Mitchell

Comment

Lol I mean its not like this dude is talented enough to even create or leave a legacy tbh but at least hes being honest about it.
              ISboxing James likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post
                Lol I mean its not like this dude is talented enough to even create or leave a legacy tbh but at least hes being honest about it.
                He is honest. For sure. First serious test and he will lose by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Poopdick View Post

so you watch boxing because you wanna see a boxer get paid alot and take minimal risks? you must be a boring mother f'r. most of us watch for entertainment. very weird to not wanna be entertained. will you follow me to work and see how much I should get paid too?
                  Lol.. no, that's not why I watch boxing.

The fighter needs to do what's in their best interest, as does the fan. If those don't alone, watch another boxer. It's simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

So you’re suggesting that boxers should ignore the wishes of the paying customers? No other sport gets away with doing this.
                    Of course not. But what they should consider, first and foremost, is what's in THEIR best interest. This is a sport; not a life. Every boxer one day tops boxing. The fan, meanwhile, can watch until they die. Would you pay to see Tyson vs Holyfield 3, if it was on tomorrow?

What fans want changes frequently. You only have one life. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
                      Are you saying you're only concerned about Anderson's safety and well-being? What about his opponents who are usually over matched and get paid peanuts? That's no different from a fight where one guy is on PEDs, which mismatches essentially are all about.

Bottom line is fans should always demand best fights best or same level fights, not mismatches.
                      No, I'm saying Anderson should only be worried about his safety and well-being.

As a fan, of course Want the best fights possible. From the boxer's view, I understand the need to care for one's self. He'll fight the best, but he has to take care of himself.

I, personally, believe fighting good opponents is the honorable way to go about boxing. I started boxing and became professional when I was 28. I am 0-3; my opponent's combined record is 11-1-1. I could easily have been 3-0 with an opponent's record of 1-1-11, but I needed to know if I could even hang with prospects. (Although I have lost all three fights, I feel like I can hang, given more experience and being at the proper weight).

Every boxer has a different journey. Right now, Anderson is being paid enough that he's not wanting. Can't be mad at him.

Comment

Working...
                      X