Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Changes His Stance, Willing To Fight Canelo at 168 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only two fighters I would peg to knockout Canelo are Bud and Wilder.

Canelo vs Crawford would break the internet. Especially, if Bud beats Jermell in better fashion.
    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

I'll take his word as truth. I think he'd do it in a heartbeat. Who's he gonna fight around his weight class that's worth fighting? He's looking for huge paydays now
      In another interview he said he's walking around at 160. So 168 he would have to put weight on and to di it properly with muscle takes time. Also Canelo 3 fight deal bud is not gatecrashing it will only be the pbc fighters they got now and they'll stick to the plan, you will see. wants to be 3 times undisputed he can do it at 154. Or even 160 is trash. We'll see.i don't think you ever see him above 154 let alone vs Canelo

Comment

As much as I love the idea, there was a time fans were clamoring for Floyd p4p#1 to fight Ward p4p#2 when Floyd was at 147 and Ward was at 168.

This feels different though. Canelo and Crawford are the same height with Crawford having the reach advantage. If a motivated Crawford fought Spence, he'll probably be Super Saiyan 5 against Canelo.

Comment

Damn, Bud from 147lbs to 168lbs? Hard ask for him to perform at a totally unknown weight against one of the best fighters out there. Weirdly enough though, since they're similar in size (height, reach), I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Comment

Could happen at a 164lbs catchweight tbh. Canelo fought at 164lbs against Chavez Jr - he could still probably make that today. In any case he would still be weight bullying again

Comment

NOW THIS HERE might be a bit of a stretch for Bud. He pulled off one of the most impressive performances I have ever seen considering the significance and circumstances with the Spence fight but that was an all skill debate for years. This is different. There's a massive weight element variable here that absolutely must be taken into account. It's exactly the same thing with Canelo and Bivol. Canelo was way better skill wise but the size was just too much for his skills to overcome so Bud is absolutely incorrect here. Size does matter. Having said that no way would I be missing it and I absolutely would be pulling for Bud. I sure wouldn't be placing any bets on it though. This is where he has to go for anyone to pick against him though. Anyone else south of 168 Bud will be the favorite.

Comment

Jumping up 3 weight classes?

This shit needs to stop.
                Hotsauce91 Hotsauce91 likes this.

Comment

Bud came from 130. But hey, if people were talking Spence VS Canelo, what's so different with being matched up against Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

Here we go again - duck the 147 mandatory and chase middleweights
                    Lol. Yeah, because Bud dropping the belts to move up and fight at 154 or 168 is the same as Canelo or Charlo holding onto the belts for years while cherry picking like Canelo, or not fighting at all, like the Charlo's.

If Bud sits on the titles and refuses to fight Staninois, or Boots, for months and months, then you can say this silliness. But if a 35 year old Bud wants to go up against other undisputed champs to fight for multiples belts, that is not a duck and you know it.

Canelo goes up seeking single belt title holders that he believes he can beat....an old Kov, a guy he thought was green in Bivol. Bud moving up to fight Charlo for undisputed and lineal, or fricking Canelo for undisputed and lineal, is NOTHING like anything Floyd or Canelo has ever done.

You are seriously a troll at this point and you sound ridiculous. You would argue that Bud was ducking Boots if Bud went up and fought Biev. I mean Christ, the dude is talking about going up to fight guys 20 pounds heavier than him to compete for all the titles and lineal. Are you daft?

Comment

Fcuk it. Spence was an alleged opponent for CONelo, Bud flipped the apple cart. If Bud is serious, since Alvarez is all of a sudden fighting lower weight cats, make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X