Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua On Helenius: "I Don't Really Like Many Heavyweight Boxers, But He's Cool"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua On Helenius: "I Don't Really Like Many Heavyweight Boxers, But He's Cool"

By Corey Erdman - Moments after Robert Helenius was returned to consciousness under the care of the ringside medical team, the man who knocked him out, Anthony Joshua, was on the microphone thanking him for saving the show. It was the second time in three fights that Helenius had been knocked out cold by a top-flight heavyweight only for them to express gratitude and kindness towards him immediately afterwards. In October of 2022, Helenius was brutally
    [Click Here To Read More]

RESPECT, Nordic Nightmare!! RESPECT.

Comment

This was a pretty good article. Really appreciate the context and tone of the narrative.

Thank you, Robert. Hope the back-to-back paydays lift your spirits.

Comment

That's why your bumass celebrated when you knocked him out? Lmao probably cause you were overjoyed to get that bum out of there

Comment

To summarize: Boxing is crooked. The result was never in doubt, but are you not entertained ?

Comment

Its a nice thing for Helenius really (well obviously getting KTFO by two of the biggest punchers in boxing isnt) because nobody would have thought he'd have gotten these kinds of opportunities and paydays this late in his career. After that Washington loss he looked like a guy who could have easily just quietly retired. For him to come in as an underdog against Kownacki (who I think was top 10 at the time in Ring mag) and that to be the turn around that would lead him to fight Joshua and Wilder is pretty ****ing crazy. Bet hes happy he stuck around a little longer.
            icee icee leebatt leebatt _Rexy_ _Rexy_ joe strong joe strong evets evets and 3 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing IQ View Post
              This was a pretty good article. Really appreciate the context and tone of the narrative.
              Erdman, maybe along with Gerbasi, is probably the best writer on BS.
              PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Erdman, maybe along with Gerbasi, is probably the best writer on BS.
                I like Erdman's pieces in Boxingscene and I like him as a color commentator as well. I think I've seen/heard Corey calling fights on almost all of the different content providers (ESPN, DAZN, etc). He's a consummate professional.

As for Helenius, he seems like a helluva guy with a good personality. I took notice of him when he sparked out Swede Attila Levin back in 2010. Injuries stalled his career a bit but he's had a very impressive run, made some money and conducted himself with class.

Comment

I don't see what Robert wants to achieve as his dream was wining a world title and that isn't going to happen.He was once a fringe contender but after the Wilder icing that dream was done. Anyone with a bit of pop will do the same to him with the open target he is.Would be nice to see this good man out of there now.

Comment

Helenius is a good dude, I hope he comes out of boxing with some money and his facilities intact.

Comment

Working...
                    X